Why Do we as Fans Love a new Signing

S8TY

Yes its true us footy fans just love a new signing , its the excitement of seeing there debut, wondering if they're going to be a hit or not and willing to get the deal over the line, i remember wracking up a huge phone bill phoning the DCFC 1884 hotline where you were teased at the beginning of the automated message with a snippet of transfer news which was right at the end of the message and was usually recycled nonsense that you now hear on the DET but the call was expensive , premium!! and cost too much !! ...so for a bit of fun whilst we wait for our beloved Rams to conclude a deal and swoop for our next hero a bit of fun

A/ Which signing did you not  like or was keen on but turned into a great signing in your opinion ?

B/ Which signing did you want so much yet turned out to be not so great ?

C/ who pound for pound for what we paid has been our best value for money signing ?

D/ who has been the worst waste of money

my answers are 

A/ Wasn't over keen on Marco Gabbiadini but in the end  I loved him, great signing and some great goals and a great name !!

B/ 2 for me Gordon Hill from Man U and  John Robertson from Forest 

C/ again 2 for me Dean Saunders and Paul Goddard both brilliant for us 

D/ Claude Davis and Mikkel Beck but there has been many 

A) Not great but won me around - CKR wooooooo.

B) Marriott 

C) Martin but financially he wasn’t great because he left on a freebie. Maybe Hendrick if you’re counting signing for the youth team. 

D) Claude Davis - dreadful.

the transfer window is my favourite part of the season. Exciting seeing something fresh enter the fray. 

A Nugent. As daft as it sounds, thought we'd signed someone who was way passed it.

B Jack Marriott. Thought we had the next Jamie vardy 

C Think our best bit of business was Mason mount on loan

D Nick Blackman/anya/butterfield 

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

A) Not great but won me around - CKR wooooooo.

B) Marriott 

C) Martin but financially he wasn’t great because he left on a freebie. Maybe Hendrick if you’re counting signing for the youth team. 

D) Claude Davis - dreadful.

Got to agree on Marriott I really thought we'd signed a proper goal scorer...will never forget his game at leeds though and should've started at Wembley  

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Yes its true us footy fans just love a new signing , its the excitement of seeing there debut, wondering if they're going to be a hit or not and willing to get the deal over the line, i remember wracking up a huge phone bill phoning the DCFC 1884 hotline where you were teased at the beginning of the automated message with a snippet of transfer news which was right at the end of the message and was usually recycled nonsense that you now hear on the DET but the call was expensive , premium!! and cost too much !! ...so for a bit of fun whilst we wait for our beloved Rams to conclude a deal and swoop for our next hero a bit of fun

A/ Which signing did you not  like or was keen on but turned into a great signing in your opinion ?

C/ who pound for pound for what we paid has been our best value for money signing ?

my answers are 

A/ Wasn't over keen on Marco Gabbiadini but in the end  I loved him, great signing and some great goals and a great name !!

Answers just off the top of my head. Probably missed some very obvious ones.

CKR. Everything I'm not a fan of in one signing - an aging journeyman striker with a pretty terrible goal-scoring record. Ended up loving him and he scored some crucial goals for us.

Jozwiak. I loved that we were finally looking abroad and thought we'd got ourselves a proper gem. Flattered to deceive, to put it lightly.

Either Chris Martin or Craig Forsyth, purely for quality and longevity. Both integral parts of the best Derby team I've seen in my time.

I don't want to but I'm going to say Bielik. Superb player when he was fit but £10m for less than 50 appearances is horrendous value for money.

4 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

the transfer window is my favourite part of the season. Exciting seeing something fresh enter the fray. 

A Nugent. As daft as it sounds, thought we'd signed someone who was way passed it.

B Jack Marriott. Thought we had the next Jamie vardy 

C Think our best bit of business was Mason mount on loan

D Nick Blackman/anya/butterfield 

Mount was really good for us , I also thought Nugent was past it but I liked him and never forget seeing him in  london with bryson I think it was  day before play off against Villa 

A) Chris Martin

B) Ikechi Anya, I thought we'd signed that versatile wide player who'd low key be a big part in a promotion side....I was wrong. Not only was I wrong, I was wrong bigly.

C) Fozzy. I thought about saying Bryson but I feel like his injuries led to him declining to far whilst fozzy remains a good value signing.

D) So so so so so so so many. I'm going to pump for Anya a second time. It's worse because I believed in him. Also, shout out for lee Morris.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

38 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A) Chris Martin

B) Ikechi Anya, I thought we'd signed that versatile wide player who'd low key be a big part in a promotion side....I was wrong. Not only was I wrong, I was wrong bigly.

C) Fozzy. I thought about saying Bryson but I feel like his injuries led to him declining to far whilst fozzy remains a good value signing.

D) So so so so so so so many. I'm going to pump for Anya a second time. It's worse because I believed in him.

lets be honest Anya was soooo bad if i could change my choice  would be  him, forgot about him tbh

46 minutes ago, Kernow said:

A - Jamie Ward

B - Kamil Jozwiak

C - In recent years, Chris Martin.

D - Anya. The low fee for Hughes as a way of waiving money owed for Vydra/Anya just makes his signing even worse.

Great shout with Jamie Ward 👏

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

A) I thought Colin Kazim-Richards was one of the daftest signings we’d ever made when he came in. But he played a vital role in us staying up and really helped foster the unity amongst supporters. David Nugent was another one I didn’t rate who did quite well. 

B) I really wanted Tom Lawrence to be the star man to get us to the Premier League. What a sad story that ended up being in the end. Great moments at times, too. Jack Marriott was another. George Thorne got to be on there for different reasons, too.

C) Chris Martin 100%. Paid nothing. The Chanpionship Diego Costa.

D) Ikechi Anya. We paid more for the likes of Butterfield but at least they played a part.

I thought we'd spaffed money up the wall on Vydra. He came good after a slow start and we made a profit on the sale.

George Thorne. No blame attributed to anyone, just bad luck. I didn't care how much West Brom squeezed out of us, I was absolutely convinced he would be a superstar.

Stefano Eranio on a free.

Liam Dickinson is worth a shout here. Not massively expensive at £750,000, but never played a single minute of football for us.

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

my answers are 

A/ Which signing did you not like or was keen on but turned into a great signing in your opinion ?

Paul McGrath - Thought he was well past it when we signed him but what a player!

Toss up between Jack Marriott and Kamil Jozwiak. Both never even came even close to the hype

Stefano Eranio. Absolute Rolls Royce of a Footballer 

D/ who has been the worst waste of money ?

Don't know where to even start! Anyone from Grenet, Bragstad, Davis, Blackman, Butterfield, Villa, Fuertes, Bielik, etc, etc. So much wasted over the years 🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

A/ Which signing did you not like or was keen on but turned into a great signing in your opinion ?

Paul McGrath - Thought he was well past it when we signed him but what a player!

Toss up between Jack Marriott and Kamil Jozwiak. Both never even came even close to the hype

Stefano Eranio. Absolute Rolls Royce of a Footballer 

D/ who has been the worst waste of money ?

Don't know where to even start! Anyone from Grenet, Bragstad, Davis, Blackman, Butterfield, Villa, Fuertes, Bielik, etc, etc. So much wasted over the years 🤦‍♂️

wow yeah Grenet was something like 3m and was poor , I remember Bragstads debut and thought...ouch! lol 

To be fair to Bielik, he pretty much kept us up with his run of appearances in the season we stayed up on the final day. Keeping us in the Championship for the admin season that followed may have had a bigger impact than we'll ever know.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To be fair to Bielik, he pretty much kept us up with his run of appearances in the season we stayed up on the final day. Keeping us in the Championship for the admin season that followed may have had a bigger impact than we'll ever know.

Its a pity we didn't have him this season because I think he would've made a huge difference to us, I'd say definite top 2 if he was part of  3 man midfield but he was never going to play in L1 again and we had to get his wages off the books i guess...shame though 

41 minutes ago, Anon said:

I thought we'd spaffed money up the wall on Vydra. He came good after a slow start and we made a profit on the sale.

George Thorne. No blame attributed to anyone, just bad luck. I didn't care how much West Brom squeezed out of us, I was absolutely convinced he would be a superstar.

Stefano Eranio on a free.

Liam Dickinson is worth a shout here. Not massively expensive at £750,000, but never played a single minute of football for us.

I remember the Dickinson transfer at 750K , it was a gamble and always thought how bad he must've looked in training to never get a chance ...wow ...

23 hours ago, S8TY said:

I remember the Dickinson transfer at 750K , it was a gamble and always thought how bad he must've looked in training to never get a chance ...wow ...

A Paul Jewell special of a signing. He paid 750k and then immediately sent him out on loan to "gain more experience". If he didn't have the experience required to play in the Championship, why did we pay 3 quarters of a million for him? Also, the loan was to Jewell's mate Stan Ternent at Huddersfield.

Clough took one look at Dickinson and (correctly) identified that he was not and never would be a Championship level player. I also suspect he was ignored by Clough due to the cost cutting remit. I wouldn't be surprised if Jewell had given Dickinson a relatively high wage.