The 2024 Motorsports Thread

43 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Sure enough, she's been fired, the reason given being 'dishonesty'. What a repugnant outfit RBR really are. Horner quoted as saying 'it's time we drew a line under this'. Totally agree Horny-boy, must have been really awkward with everyone getting to see what a creepy, coercive and hypocritical Bamford you really are 🤬

Smells like yet another episode of "dare to report the boss and he'll ruin you" HR managment, which tops off "took my complaint to HR and next thing it's over the newspapers and being used for business politics" and "now i'm expected to pass examination by a top barraster to have my complaint taken seriously"

It's the *probably* genuine complaint being taken to play politics and being leaked aspect that angers me about this. I don't think anyone is remotly convinced and the entire episode has been handled appalingly. There'll also no doubt be the toxic-masculinity crowd crowing about "she made up things to ruin his life because evil wimmuns" which is not really the best way for motorsport to get over it's "toxic car guy" lingering perception.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Qualifying:

Well done Oli Bearman, P11 and knows the car had more in it, but did not disgrace himself ay all given circumstances.

You know who 3 tenths clear.

Then Leclerc, Perez, Alonso, Piastri, Lando, George, Lewis, Tsunoda, Stroll.

Albon P12 is my lower order shoutout.

Race is 5PM tomorrow.

Depressing. Merc the thick end of a second off Verstappen and Hamilton looking like he can't be arsed at all. I bet Toto is privately furious.

Expect Hamilton's car to get slower by the week 😑

54 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Depressing. Merc the thick end of a second off Verstappen and Hamilton looking like he can't be arsed at all. I bet Toto is privately furious.

Expect Hamilton's car to get slower by the week 😑

I'm puzzled by just how off it Lewis is compared to Russell, apparently he's still not happy with the balance at the rear (although, it could "racing driver's excuses") - If this is how he's approaching the season, it pretty much confirms the Ferrari move was all about the dolla dolla bill y'all.

I'm hoping red bull at least combust as a team even if their car is light years ahead if they all fall out with each other and at least have a miserable time doing it, it'll be something.

Nice to see AM and McLaren looking good at this track, has the look of yet another "well behind Max t was quite good" race.

I still have my issues with the jeddah track (better after the moved, and, yes, I have plenty of issues with Saudi...) but it has provided some good races.

Perhaps a disgruntled red bull employee could give Max a gearbox that's actually buggered to deal with. "the downshifts are unacceptable. really bad" accompanied by losing a second a lap, not purple sectors would be manna from heaven.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm puzzled by just how off it Lewis is compared to Russell, apparently he's still not happy with the balance at the rear (although, it could "racing driver's excuses") - If this is how he's approaching the season, it pretty much confirms the Ferrari move was all about the dolla dolla bill y'all.

I'm hoping red bull at least combust as a team even if their car is light years ahead if they all fall out with each other and at least have a miserable time doing it, it'll be something.

Nice to see AM and McLaren looking good at this track, has the look of yet another "well behind Max t was quite good" race.

I still have my issues with the jeddah track (better after the moved, and, yes, I have plenty of issues with Saudi...) but it has provided some good races.

Perhaps a disgruntled red bull employee could give Max a gearbox that's actually buggered to deal with. "the downshifts are unacceptable. really bad" accompanied by losing a second a lap, not purple sectors would be manna from heaven.

Hamilton seems to be doing his best to help Ferrari to 2nd place in the constructor's championship already. I do think this track probably doesn't suit the Merc but they are further off the pace than last year on this showing and by a stretch. I don't see how anyone competes with Max in any race this season as this was the one track he didn't seem to excel at.

RBR to win every race? I'd not be surprised.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Not looking good inside RB:

Previous reports have stated that Verstappen has a clause saying he can leave if Helmut does. I'm hoping for the ensuing implosion. 

Yass yass go on Max, flounce out in a tizzy and sign for Toto (there;s nothing a hundred men or more could ever do.....). Actually, no, I'd love to see Max sign with Aston Martin and the fun experience of being given no2 status regardless of how much better he is than baby stroll, there could be a whole Jos v daddy stroll drama...it'd be hilarious.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yass yass go on Max, flounce out in a tizzy and sign for Toto (there;s nothing a hundred men or more could ever do.....). Actually, no, I'd love to see Max sign with Aston Martin and the fun experience of being given no2 status regardless of how much better he is than baby stroll, there could be a whole Jos v daddy stroll drama...it'd be hilarious.

It's on...

My missus has had a text, I wondered if anyone else on here had heard this?

The woman who's made the complaint against Horner also happens to be Jos Verstappens current girlfriend.

It would be too funny to be true, surely.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

My missus has had a text, I wondered if anyone else on here had heard this?

The woman who's made the complaint against Horner also happens to be Jos Verstappens current girlfriend.

It would be too funny to be true, surely.

I had read that, the mail reported they are close "friends" in this article, hence why Jos is kicking off I think

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13158419/Christian-Horner-Jos-Verstappen-snubbed-birthday-party-sexting-scandal-Red-Bull-boss.html

Honestly, think I'm done with this sport. It's unrecognisable from even 10 years ago and has become the domain of overbearing, coercive Bamfords, sex pests and corporate misogynists who act with seeming impunity and a complete disregard equality or the sport that made them wealthy beyond their dreams. It was funny to begin with, but boy are these people repugnant.

3 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Honestly, think I'm done with this sport. It's unrecognisable from even 10 years ago and has become the domain of overbearing, coercive Bamfords, sex pests and corporate misogynists who act with seeming impunity and a complete disregard equality or the sport that made them wealthy beyond their dreams. It was funny to begin with, but boy are these people repugnant.

It's always had a sprinkling of utterly appalling people (they always called them characters) and piranha club vibes, but it used to balance that out with a lot of classy people around and always had that "nerds and heros working in harmony" thing, now it feels more like "assholes assemble"

42 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I’d be so happy to never see that shrivelled walnut on my screen again. Whinger Spice next after him please. 

Marko has ruined more careers than he's created but he doesn't care because he got Seb then Max out of it. It's just the needless horridness along the way that marks him out, F1 is ruthless and always has been but Marko goes out of way to throw shade at drivers he's already sacked or throwing them under the bus whilst they're still his driver..... Sainz, Gasly, Albion and arguably Danny Ric (til he went to McLaren) all thrived after leaving the red bull outfit.