January Reinforcements

sage

4 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I understand plan C is in operation 

Niall Ennis on loan to the end of the season 

Ward looking very likely to be leaving on loan 

Smith and Gregory - not coming - Wednesday apparently wanted 100% wages + 1m loan fee for smith - 50% + 150k for Gregory 

I wouldn't pay 1mil to own Smith let alone 1mil to borrow him for 6 months good lord 😳

Just now, Kernow said:

I’d take that, although there’s 3 strikers you’ve named with 3 very different playing styles, so it’s interesting to see what approach we’re going to take.

Also, a £1mil loan fee for 4 months of 32 year old Michael Smith 😂😂😂😂

Something to do with a stupid contract increase he got when they were promoted lots of players got 30-50% wage increases which is ridiculous.  They didn’t want to loan him for free. Tbh it appears they’re quite happy to just saturate their squad 

Just now, simmoram1995 said:

Something to do with a stupid contract increase he got when they were promoted lots of players got 30-50% wage increases which is ridiculous.  They didn’t want to loan him for free. Tbh it appears they’re quite happy to just saturate their squad 

It’s a strange approach, but that seems to be what their Chairman does. I don’t even know why we bother wasting our time with them, it happened last year too.

7 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

I do have to wonder whether this may be influencing Sheff Weds mindset, at least a little bit

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12299179/derby-3-3-sheffield-wednesday-wayne-rooneys-side-avoid-relegation-after-incredible-final-day

Should have declared the sale of their stadium in the right set of accounts then.

16 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Smith and Gregory - not coming - Wednesday apparently wanted 100% wages + 1m loan fee for smith - 50% + 150k for Gregory 

Any idea where Ward is going 

17 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Really 🤔