January Reinforcements

sage

33 minutes ago, Topram said:

How is us being under budget Warnes fault?? He really has upset you hasn’t he

He promised me a good January last year and he didn't deliver...its hard to forgive.

Although, it was a joke. You do know that a chicken didn't really cross the road to get to the other side?

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

This window is going to be like going to a steakhouse thinking your going to get a nice thick piece of ribeye steak tonrealise you can only afford a rump 

Out of interest, what would you like to see? What would make you happy?

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Out of interest, what would you like to see? What would make you happy?

What would I like to see and bring realistic are 2 different ideas. What I’d like to see is Cameron Brannigan, cbt and langstaff from notts and realistically I’d like chislett from port vale cbt and Michael smith 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Ladapo and Smith would be great signings.

Yeah agree, don’t hugely rate smith but for how we play and balls in the box is great for league one. To get out of this division is all we need, worry about championship next year 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

How is us being under budget Warnes fault?? He really has upset you hasn’t he

Just watching Hull on Sky . They are bigging up Rosenior. He has an owner that is backing him . It was a Massive call by Clowes to let Liam go , but it’s his money and his right.

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Just watching Hull on Sky . They are bigging up Rosenior. He has an owner that is backing him . It was a Massive call by Clowes to let Liam go , but it’s his money and his right.

Backing and having a good recruitment are 2 things that need to be spot on. I can’t think of a single player we paid over a million pound for that jumps out at me and I think my god they were brilliant. Yet all the players who cost a million or less players jump out at me. Bryson Martin and even keogh to an extent will hughes and hendrick academy gems. The difference between Mel morris and the era before him our recruitment was 100 times better and the football was better as well 

Edited by Barney1991

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

With how close we are to the top 2 and with this potentially being the easiest league 1 to get out of for many a year, Clowes would be a plonker not to back his manager on this occasion.

Promotion to the Championship with a fairly clean bill of health financially and an almost clean slate FFP wise would see us be a very attractive proposition for investors and buyers.

I'm sure he knows this and is happy to fund signings.

I'd imagine we have our targets and we are just waiting for Paul to speak to their ex teachers, doctors and neighbours to ensure they are nice people before we sign them.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

With how close we are to the top 2 and with this potentially being the easiest league 1 to get out of for many a year, Clowes would be a plonker not to back his manager on this occasion.

Promotion to the Championship with a fairly clean bill of health financially and an almost clean slate FFP wise would see us be a very attractive proposition for investors and buyers.

I'd imagine we have our targets and we are just waiting for Paul to speak to their ex teachers, doctors and neighbours to ensure they are nice people before we sign them.

Also going back through family photos too see if they can grow a beard? 

3 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Hull are 16 points behind Ipswich, a team that has come up from the worst division in living memory according to some.

It wasn’t as bad last season it was a bit stronger. They built there team over 2 years and spent good money on that squad but spent it wisely. We currently have a mix between players who are ready for the retirement home soon or lower 20s 

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I’ve just seen clowes in Starbucks in derby he dropped all his coppers on the floor and is currently under the 2 seater trying to find a 2p coin 

I do wonder if warne has created a WhatsApp group with all the players we are after to save time and find out if they are good humans at the same time 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

It wasn’t as bad last season it was a bit stronger. They built there team over 2 years and spent good money on that squad but spent it wisely. We currently have a mix between players who are ready for the retirement home soon or lower 20s 

4 seasons Ipswich was in this league for and we are expecting a team that has been rebuilt from scratch to steamroll this league based on it being the worst in a long time. A league made up of mainly the same teams, it still took them 4 seasons 🤨

The other point is that, Hull are 16 points behind a team that has only been promoted one season ago, surely if their manager is as good as some make out, that wouldnt be the case ?

1 minute ago, Returning ram said:

4 seasons Ipswich was in this league for and we are expecting a team that has been rebuilt from scratch to steamroll this league based on it being the worst in a long time. A league made up of mainly the same teams, it still took them 4 seasons 🤨

The other point is that, Hull are 16 points behind a team that has only been promoted one season ago, surely if their manager is as good as some make out, that wouldnt be the case ?

Agree on the manager thing but Ipswich when I watched the home game were above and beyond better than us and I wasn’t surprised to see them up there in the championship 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Charlton are showing some ambition..

Meanwhile Paul Warne is looking for a couple of batteries for his TV remote to see if he can spot the next Pele on ceefax.

art television GIF by telenet

Charlton are showing some ambition?

Their last set of accounts for 21/22 season show costs of twice their turnover, with an operating loss of around £10 million. This year's spending spree would suggest the losses will only increase. Does that mean that we were just showing ambition under MM?