January Reinforcements

sage

Just listened to it and it was strange seemed like the window wasn’t going well etc then says hopefully close to 2.. didn’t really seem convincing listening to him but we’ll see

1 minute ago, Topram said:

I might of listened wrong but he seemed like we were up against other clubs for signings etc and you need 3 things to all come together to sign and it’s not easy etc 

That's fair enough, thanks. And feels similar to statements made last summer, which I remember were made after some earlier stuff about how attractive Derby were for many players and how easy it was to get "players" but not the "right characters".

Just now, Topram said:

This but then says we’re close to 2 didn’t Make sense 

Feels like there’s more to all of it and he did seem quite annoyed about the nature of it all. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

He made comments like that all of last summer and all we got was a broken John-Jules at the end of the window 

You forgetting Waghorn who was scoring goals and playing well, and Washington who was starting to play well before he got injured on international duty?

2 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Transfers, something just seems off

I didn't read too much into that to be honest. 

I thought it was pretty tongue in cheek when he said obviously it's not going that well cos he hasn't got new players stood next too him. 

He's probably frustrated because he said at the start he wanted players in early so I'd imagine he's frustrated nobody is in yet.

Close to a couple sounds positive. My money is on Callum Lang and Ollie Arblaster as the two.

12 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

You forgetting Waghorn who was scoring goals and playing well, and Washington who was starting to play well before he got injured on international duty?

No, they’re both s****. As are Ward, Fornah, Bradley… even Vickers has not looked good so far. Think I have more faith in the government than Paul Warnes recruitment 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

No, they’re both s****. As are Ward, Fornah, Bradley… even Vickers has not looked good so far. Think I have more faith in the government than Paul Warnes recruitment 

Both good players at the level, Washington before injury looked good and Waghorn single handily won us a couple games early on. We also have a recruitment team that does the recruiting it’s not Warne. I’m not warnes biggest fan, but fans that go crazy and think it’s the end of the world after one loss make no sense to me.

29 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Warne also said it isn’t going great with getting players in on the radio. 

Think he was saying isn’t going great so far as he said it’s Jan 9th and has no one in yet, but then said we are close to 2 so hopefully in by the weekend 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warney told us he doesn't like big squads because the ones that don't play can be difficult to keep happy. Don't you remember him saying that? 

It seems like Smith will be heading out this window. Washington could still be out for 16 or more games, whilst Warne didn't plan on sobbing Waggy anyway. Loach is just emergency backup and Rooney is also out for the season.

Our current 24 man squad quickly becomes just a 19 man squad and a couple of players short of a healthy squad.