Derby v Notts County (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The U21s don't play again for over 2 weeks. They have a league game just 2 days before our first team plays Wolves U21s in this cup competition.

This was a 2nd string Notts County side who also lost to Wolves U21s. This was the best possible opportunity to give meaningful minutes to a couple of our academy players, which they could then carry that confidence through to the U21 games. It would also give the rest of the U21 squad a sign that they will be given a go in the first team if they perform well.

What sort of message do you think it gives when you say they would have had a few minutes at 2-0, but it was too risky at 2-1?

So you believe that it is Warne's job to create confidence in the u21s rather than in the first team?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Incorrect. Someone else is in charge of the u21s.

When they have a player that they think is ready for the first team then they should be knocking on Warne's door.

Ah OK, so they’re not one team. Do you have to knock on a door or ring a bell to get from the 21s to the first team?? 

What a great mentality. Glad you’re not my boss. 

25 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Ah OK, so they’re not one team. Do you have to knock on a door or ring a bell to get from the 21s to the first team?? 

What a great mentality. Glad you’re not my boss. 

Well, no, they are not one team.

Warne has already stated that he has regular meetings and discussions with Buxton.

Its called delegation.

Or do you think Clowes should be picking the first team?

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Warne has already stated that he has regular meetings and discussions with Buxton.

Its called delegation.

Sorry, your argument here is pretty awful. Of course Warne isn't taking charge of the 23s. But he's absolutely the man who needs to be blooding in these youngsters if they want to make inroads into the first team. Who else is meant to pick the team for the first 11? Nobody else is telling the youngsters to cross that white line other than Warne. None of what you're saying makes sense.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its called delegation.

Actually, yes they are one team. 

Paul Warne is manager of Derby County. When he first arrived he addressed all staff from the whole club, not just the first team. 

Everything the academy does is with the first team in mind, so yes, they are one team, one club. 

Just now, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Actually, yes they are one team. 

Paul Warne is manager of Derby County. When he first arrived he addressed all staff from the whole club, not just the first team. 

Everything the academy does is with the first team in mind, so yes, they are one team, one club. 

Well personally Id rather Warne sticks to managing the first team and Buxton the u21s, and when Buxton thinks someone is ready for the first team he should bring it to Warne's attention. 

Otherwise we might as well have Pearce or Clowes running the whole club. 

11 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Sorry, your argument here is pretty awful. Of course Warne isn't taking charge of the 23s. But he's absolutely the man who needs to be blooding in these youngsters if they want to make inroads into the first team. Who else is meant to pick the team for the first 11? Nobody else is telling the youngsters to cross that white line other than Warne. None of what you're saying makes sense.

Another person that has never heard of delegation...

So you want Warne running every team at every age group?

And lets be honest, every single one of your arguments is aimed at further bashing Warne, so not really going to make much notice of what you think anyway.

Edited by G STAR RAM

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Another person that has never heard of delegation...

So you want Warne running every team at every age group?

And lets be honest, every single one of your arguments is aimed at further bashing Warne, so not really going to make much notice of what you think anyway.

I can tell you don't pay attention to what I say, as I'm literally saying Warne picks the first team. It's up to him if he picks the youth. I'm not bashing Warne at all here, not sure why you think I am.