One of our Aircraft is Missing (Hollywood remake)

RadioactiveWaste

20 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66841194

If South Carolina is anything like my terribly misinformed imagination, It'll be salvaged and re-engineered as a missile armed anti-gun-control stealth truck for Jesus by wednesday.

Couldn't make it up could you? 😂

I  mean how do you lose an F-35?!?! It's not like losing a quid down the back of the sofa, is it? Surely it must have a black box tracker of some derivation, no? I mean I get that it's a stealth jet, so it's designed to be hard to find, but surely it's meant to be hard for others to track, not for the USAF themselves?

And to think these incompetent, cloth-eared Bamfords have nukes. Pilot probably struck a deal with the Ruskies who are busy dismantling the aircraft at the bottom of Lake Marion as we speak 🙈

On 19/09/2023 at 15:55, Comrade 86 said:

Couldn't make it up could you? 😂

I  mean how do you lose an F-35?!?! It's not like losing a quid down the back of the sofa, is it? Surely it must have a black box tracker of some derivation, no? I mean I get that it's a stealth jet, so it's designed to be hard to find, but surely it's meant to be hard for others to track, not for the USAF themselves?

And to think these incompetent, cloth-eared Bamfords have nukes. Pilot probably struck a deal with the Ruskies who are busy dismantling the aircraft at the bottom of Lake Marion as we speak 🙈

Its almost like a made up story to distract from real events. I rarely watch the news nowadays. It all seems so implausible when you sit back and analyse it.

So: A pilot ejects from an apparently serviceable aircraft, deliberately, by accident(?) or a seat malfunction.

The explosive/rocket ejector mechanism apparently does no damage to the aircraft which continues on its merry way on auto pilot, presumably until it runs out of fuel.

The IFF transponder was apparently turned off so the plane was impossible to track.

Unless the seat malfunctioned I think that is one pilot career finished!