Don’t be too dismayed Rosenier ball is still painful

LN747

On 21/09/2023 at 22:07, RoyMac5 said:
On 21/09/2023 at 21:59, G STAR RAM said:

9 goals in Roseniors 8 league games in charge of Derby, including blanks against Charlton, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Lincoln. Averaged 1.125 goals per game.

58 goals in the remaining 38 league games last season in Warne. Averaged 1.52 goals per game.

Saved by Didzy.

Under Liam, Didzy was not available for all the games in his short reign has Interim manager, plus that side was put together at very short notice and was always going to get better when the players got to know each other and would have slowly improved. Currently Liam's Hull city sit in 4th spot with 15 points having scored 13 and conceded 8. Derby under Warne also have 13 points after 8 games scoring 14 and conceding 9. That makes both teams very similar in goals scored and conceded, but Hull have only lost once to the Rams 3 defeats. But take in to consideration, who Hull have played so far. Having played 2 teams relegated from the Premiership and Blackburn, Coventry and Norwich who did well last season in the Championship.

I don't know why people on here can compare stats for Liam's 10 games in charge against PW's over a longer period. G STAR RAM stating the blanks against Charlton, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood in games where we totally dominated play and shots at goal which, if the match was played again under them chances, could have been different scoreline. It's like stating Sam Allardyce is the best England manager because he had a 100% record (played one, won one).

On 24/09/2023 at 17:29, SSD said:

Me publicly:

Good luck Liam, glad you're doing well and taken your opportunity at Hull. Some great football and cracking results. We've got league one Pep, everybody is happy.

Me privately:

Sad Happy Hour GIF

I don't think you should have worn a white T-shirt and drunk red wine.

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Under Liam, Didzy was not available for all the games in his short reign has Interim manager, plus that side was put together at very short notice and was always going to get better when the players got to know each other and would have slowly improved. Currently Liam's Hull city sit in 4th spot with 15 points having scored 13 and conceded 8. Derby under Warne also have 13 points after 8 games scoring 14 and conceding 9. That makes both teams very similar in goals scored and conceded, but Hull have only lost once to the Rams 3 defeats. But take in to consideration, who Hull have played so far. Having played 2 teams relegated from the Premiership and Blackburn, Coventry and Norwich who did well last season in the Championship.

I don't know why people on here can compare stats for Liam's 10 games in charge against PW's over a longer period. G STAR RAM stating the blanks against Charlton, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood in games where we totally dominated play and shots at goal which, if the match was played again under them chances, could have been different scoreline. It's like stating Sam Allardyce is the best England manager because he had a 100% record (played one, won one).

He was also an integral part of the management team under Wayne Rooney. 

On 24/09/2023 at 21:18, Kokosnuss said:

Yeah but only 5 of the 17 moved the ball 5 or more yards further up the pitch so it doesn't count as good football.

Lets not go over the top about this goal.

It was 17 passes to move the ball 30 yards forward and then a speculative shot that 9 times out of 10 ends up in the stands.

Its a good goal but lets not pretend its a goal where Hulls slick passing has carved Stoke open.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Lets not go over the top about this goal.

It was 17 passes to move the ball 30 yards forward and then a speculative shot that 9 times out of 10 ends up in the stands.

Its a good goal but lets not pretend its a goal where Hulls slick passing has carved Stoke open.

I actually think our two goals against Lincoln were better examples of carving a team open.

Granted against weaker opposition and not many there to see them, but they were things of beauty!

Just now, angieram said:

I actually think our two goals against Lincoln were better examples of carving a team open.

Granted against weaker opposition and not many there to see them, but they were things of beauty!

Of course they were but it’s EFL Cup and teams are not playing as seriously in that competition.

Not detracting from the performance though .

Angie what would have been your starting 11 against Carlisle and the bench .

Its not easy being a Manager unless it’s in hindsight after a 0-2 win 

45 minutes ago, sage said:

Part of being a well respected coach is who you can attract. Especially who big clubs will trust their loanees with..

Agree and also having a substantial wage budget with the types of loans he’s brought in. 

Just making the point he’s been heavily backed by his owners before people start heralding him a coaching genius who would have certainly got us to the premier league within two seasons. That’s not to say I don’t think he’s a good manager nor am I suggesting Warne hasn’t had similar backing in relative terms.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agree and also having a substantial wage budget with the types of loans he’s brought in. 

Just making the point he’s been heavily backed by his owners before people start heralding him a coaching genius who would have certainly got us to the premier league within two seasons. That’s not to say I don’t think he’s a good manager nor am I suggesting Warne hasn’t had similar backing in relative terms.

This thread was started to attack Rosenior, I am defending rather than extolling.  

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Of course they were but it’s EFL Cup and teams are not playing as seriously in that competition.

Not detracting from the performance though .

Angie what would have been your starting 11 against Carlisle and the bench .

Its not easy being a Manager unless it’s in hindsight after a 0-2 win 

I'd have started Barkhuizen instead of Mendez-Laing, and Washington instead of Waghorn.

Not because the others aren't good, but I want to see whether Washington can create space for Collins in the way he does for Waggy. 

And I thought Barks looked stronger than Sibley on Tuesday night so was unfortunate not to start. Mendez-Laing and Waggy to come on if needed.

I thought the team looked good defensively so wouldn't change that and options are currently limited in midfield. For that reason I would have also picked Sibs in there but he wasn't really ready for a start so soon after playing his first full 90 and it showed. Who else had we got though, with Embleton out as well now? It's a midfield curse at the moment!