Derby v Lincoln Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He's done it relatively well though, but not much support for owt else.

Yeah he’s done ok but it makes little sense to have him on the left and Barks on the right because you’ve then got 3 midfielders who wont break into the box so any crosses are to Collins and maybe the other winger as a maximum

7 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I don’t know why I repeat the same phrase every derby game but I am doing it again, this football is the worst style Of play I’ve seen since Paul Jewells Premier League era 

I don't disagree but that's the best version of it I've seen this season excepting a few minutes at Peterborough.

Even some intricate little touches, quick ball play and attacking with the ball at feet... oddly enjoyable!

Missed the first 20 mins, but we were playing some nice possession football in spots there. Not sure if we look ok or if Lincoln didn't bother turning up though, because they look clueless.

Cash is spraying the ball around like Pirlo and Bradley has won everything in the air and, so far, hasn't managed to cost us a goal. Love Fornah too, he reads the game very well and has a knack of being in the right defensive position.

Green shoots after the weekends dross.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Lincoln player kicks it away. No card.

Good to know it doesn't really matter then... whereas we subbed a player on Saturday primarily because he'd been booked for doing the same and was walking a tightrope 🤦‍♂️

I thought that was one of the better halves we’ve played recently (yes I know the bar is low and all that stuff, you can leave it unsaid). We’re passing and using the ball better, Wilson and Sibley looking to make things happen, aside from one questionable clearance Bradley and Cashin have been solid at the back, Smith is doing well in that deeper midfield role. 
Not amazing, but not terrible. 

10 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Yeah he’s done ok but it makes little sense to have him on the left and Barks on the right because you’ve then got 3 midfielders who wont break into the box so any crosses are to Collins and maybe the other winger as a maximum

No I totally agree. How will he nail down the no10 spot that Warne was on about if he's not played there? Mad.

2 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

At least we are trying to play football tonight.   Little cutting edge but much better to watch from my perspective.

I agree. I think someone has had a word in Warne's shell-like and told him that Derby fans won't ever accept the hoof/panic/chaos-ball he's been trying recently.