The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Curtains said:

12 minutes ago, sage said:

What is means is, it is open to interpretation and people should stop lording it over others with different opinions, especially whilst results are so opaque. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

So what’s your opinion 

Sack him !

Seriously, did you even read my post

Option 2 as I have already stated before and explained why

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

Yes but 5 seasons in Div 1 since 2004

You didn’t ask how many seasons had Sheffield Wednesday been in league 1 since 2004 though, you asked how long did it take them to get back up and the answer is 2 seasons 😀

For what it’s worth I voted to give Warne until at least the end of the season 

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rosenior signed well with less money than both then.

Have you forgotten that you were one of the principle, 'Rosenior Out / Warne In' crew, Roy?

It's just you seem to be making the very same points you were shouting down not so long ago, my own included.

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

If the majority of the fanbase were openly wanting him out on the basis of not that much aside from a lot of early season moaning about 'ugly football',  supposition about certain player's feelings and hasty analysis of new players after a couple of games.

A perfect example of why the roll eyes reaction needs re-instating.

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

1) Suppose - but if it was '75% he needs to leave now' would that not be used to bash anyone supportive of Warne...

2) And furthermore, if that WAS the result, would you personally not feel uncomfortable about it?

3) If the majority of the fanbase were openly wanting him out on the basis of not that much aside from a lot of early season moaning about 'ugly football',  supposition about certain player's feelings and hasty analysis of new players after a couple of games. 

4) Obviously if we lose 5 or 6 games and the football doesn't improve then the fanbase will shift massively that's inevitable- just feels very early to be as set in their thinking as some fans appear.

Well there are so many strawman arguments in that post a pig could build a house out of it. However he goes...

1) I have no idea if anyone would bash others, I wouldn't, especially if they could explain their view, my comment about bashing others wasn't expressed in one particular direction.

2) Why would I feel personally uncomfortable about other people's opinion? Is it my fault?

3) I'm not entirely sure that trying to guess the motivation of an imaginary group of people's imaginary views that you would disagree with is a useful use of anyone's time and I would suggest that you wouldn't be the best person to examine that motivation

4) Maybe some people took into account last season and maybe others, rightly or wrongly, feel able to discern a pattern of play or strategy earlier than others

Finally, thank you for illustrating my point with regards to the dangers of lording it over others with different opinions. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

These 2 signings will hopefully be a boost. I'm still a 2 but happy to move lower down the order. 

Same here. Especially with John-Jules, I think there is the potential to change the way we attack. The lad looks very skillful, and the creativity he potentially brings, working in tandem with other creative players like Sibley or Hourihane, could make a real difference around the opposition box. That's if (big if) the lad stays fit. If he does, it's a test of Warne whether he will adapt the playing style or just try to play early hopeful crosses into the box.

34 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Do you believe that's a true interpretation though?

The fact is pretty much any manager is a 10-match horror run away from 'having his position reviewed' - that's how I'd interpret it.

Maybe a quarter are close to being (prematurely) impatient, a half are (sensibly) thinking its early days let's see how the season goes, and the other quarter are saying they are very happy and just wanting stability (and would probably waiver if he lost most of his next 10 games).

Could all be said for a large proportion of clubs really.

And a large proportion of us refuse to play these silly games 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You are on the edge of full Warne out . Silly me 

Yes, I am waiting for a change of direction. The back 4 was one indicator of change. The new signings are another. If that continues and performances improve he will have my support.

If he reverts to type and we have an extension of dross and nonsense then yes I will move to option 1, but not audibly during games

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes, I am waiting for a change of direction. The back 4 was one indicator of change. The new signings are another. If that continues and performances improve he will have my support.

If he reverts to type and we have an extension of dross and nonsense then yes I will move to option 1, but not audibly during games

Have you any evidence a back 4 would be better week in week out and have you totally written off 3-5-2 for 4-4-2 !

20 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Have you forgotten that you were one of the principle, 'Rosenior Out / Warne In' crew, Roy?

It's just you seem to be making the very same points you were shouting down not so long ago, my own included.

I've not forgotten, and I've no problem admitting I wasn't keen on all of Rosenior's football, just as I am not keen on all of Warne's. I'm not sure which particular points you are referring to?

I had hoped that we'd find somewhere in the middle (of Rosenior and Warne's styles) with the sway going towards possession football. It started out that way with Warne. Time will tell, but I'm not impressed with some of Warne's comments in the recent weeks. Just as I wasn't keen on some of Clough Jnrs.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Have you any evidence a back 4 would be better week in week out and have you totally written off 3-5-2 for 4-4-2 !

I have evidence that our only 2 RWBs are injured and he signed a LB to play LWB and admitted he got it wrong after watching him for 45 minutes pre-season.

Again a strawman argument. Could you point point where I asked for 442?

I don't have an aversion or obsession about any formation, I just want one that suits our squad.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

I have evidence that our only 2 RWBs are injured and he signed a LB to play LWB and admitted he got it wrong after watching him for 45 minutes pre-season.

Again a strawman argument. Could you point point where I asked for 442?

I don't have an aversion or obsession about any formation, I just want one that suits our squad.

Of course we want a formation that suits our squad . You said a back 4 is an indicator so I assumed you want a back 4. 
Do you think that a 5 of Forsyth /Eldar/.      Cashin. Bradley and Nelson.      / Ward ,Rooney or Smith or Wilson doesn’t work at all after 4 games then and what is 4 at the back going to be in away games 

Edited by Curtains
Added

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Of course we want a formation that suits our squad . You said a back 4 is a n indicator so I assumed youwant a back 4. 
Do you think that a 5 of Forsyth ,Cashin. Bradley and Nelson / Ward Rooney or Smith is Wilson doesn’t work at all after 4 games then and what is 4 at the back going to be in away games 

A back 4 was what i wanted based on not having a squad for that game that included wing backs.

I genuinely do not understand your second sentence. Would you like to try again. 

23 minutes ago, sage said:

Well there are so many strawman arguments in that post a pig could build a house out of it. However he goes...

1) I have no idea if anyone would bash others, I wouldn't, especially if they could explain their view, my comment about bashing others wasn't expressed in one particular direction. 

Really? Seems quite unimaginative of you....

2) Why would I feel personally uncomfortable about other people's opinion? Is it my fault?

I constantly feel uncomfortable about other people's views regardless. If I felt they reflected a version of my own, even more so.

3) I'm not entirely sure that trying to guess the motivation of an imaginary group of people's imaginary views that you would disagree with is a useful use of anyone's time and I would suggest that you wouldn't be the best person to examine that motivation

..and who do you suggest would be the best person? Anyway seems as fair a place as any to express my own view and it's the only one I can relatively accurately express. Appreciate the consideration though.

4) Maybe some people took into account last season and maybe others, rightly or wrongly, feel able to discern a pattern of play or strategy earlier than others

...I am sure that's true. But there's also some people who like to feel that's exactly what they can do, who seek to quickly extrapolate any small issue out to use it to prove how right they are.

Finally, thank you for illustrating my point with regards to the dangers of lording it over others with different opinions. 

I had no intention of lording anything. I would admit I could be swayed either way by a sequence of results. But if you feel you have been quick to discern that - well done!

5 minutes ago, sage said:

A back 4 was what i wanted based on not having a squad for that game that included wing backs.

I genuinely do not understand your second sentence. Would you like to try again. 

Oh this is fun. 

5 at the back could be a combination of 

LWB Forsyth or /Eldar/.     3 in middle  Cashin. Bradley and Nelson.  RWB     Ward /,Rooney/ or Smith or Wilson 

Easily enough talent to work 

What is your 4 at the back combination for away games in particular .

I think we are weak in away games with a 4 

Ultimately it’s about combinations 

In defence/ midfield and attack.

Warne will get it right I’m sure 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Oh this is fun. 

5 at the back could be a combination of 

LWB Forsyth or /Eldar/.     3 in middle  Cashin. Bradley and Nelson.  RWB     Ward /,Rooney/ or Smith or Wilson 

Easily enough talent to work 

What is your 4 at the back combination for away games in particular .

I think we are weak in away games with a 4 

Ultimately it’s about combinations 

In defence/ midfield and attack.

Warne will get it right I’m sure 

Forsyth can't play LWB all day every game at his age and Elder is a full back and not a wing back. 

Ward and Wilson are injured for 2 months, Rooney and Smith are converted CDMs who haven't got the pace for wing back.

Cashin and Bradley got easily exposed for pce in a 3.

Apart from that I'm sure it will work well.

Back 4 for away games would be Elder Cashin Fozzy Nelson or Fozzy Cashin Nelson Rooney    

Just now, sage said:

Forsyth can't play LWB all day every game at his age and Elder is a full back and not a wing back. 

Ward and Wilson are injured for 2 months, Rooney and Smith are converted CDMs who haven't got the pace for wing back.

Cashin and Bradley got easily exposed for pce in a 3.

Apart from that I'm sure it will work well.

Back 4 for away games would be Elder Cashin Fozzy Nelson or Fozzy Cashin Nelson Rooney    

All about opinions but I’m sure Warne won’t agree with you and neither do I.  
Let’s see how it all develops in the next 2 games