Burton Tickets going for £100's pounds? Is this true/legal?

LN747

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I was born in Burton. I wouldn't pay £10 to be there. 😂

I found out that a colleague of mine and his mates who are all from Preston do an annual pub crawl in Burton. They get hotels booked and absolutely love it. The version of Burton they have in their head as the home of brewing is very different to the version of Burton I lived in for half my life. They couldn't understand why I was so confused when he explained it to me.

Plenty of home seats left, who would pay that much, as it's going could be up to 3000 rams fans in that 6500 stadium, loads of Burton people support Derby anyway, more Derby shirts in Burton than Burton, so lets all bounce in the Burton stands, and hope for once we get the win. 

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Robbery!!

There's little the club can do though as they will always be people looking to flog tickets for above the cost price.

I think what @Mucker1884 has demonstrated above is that there IS something the Club, and indeed the police, can do about it.

Would you want to take that risk? 

This poster is clearly joking and hopefully the Club has a sense of humour.

@Mucker1884 I decided to read the regs that you put up. The giving your ticket to a mate thing happens all the time with family commitments and holidays etc. so it’s interesting to read that you can do it legally and within regs .. BUT only 4 times a year which has to be pretty funny because who’s counting ? And who decided on 4  ? visions of a steward giving you the 3rd degree  and saying this is the 4th time you’ve borrowed your mates ticket … one more and there’ll be big trouble 🤣

I have a friend who has been ill (now on the mend) and gave her ticket for half of last season to someone else. Why wouldn’t you and what’s wrong with that assuming no money changes hands. It’s a ticket, paid for at list price and it’s a bum on a seat. Why “no more than 4 times” 

I don't have a problem with people buying or selling tickets at face value if someone cannot make it for whatever reason. Someone was kind enough last season to sell me 2 tickets to Lincoln away and I was very grateful. Of course, if people are selling them for big fees then they should be barred for buying tickets for a prolonged period of time as punishment. 

13 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't have a problem with people buying or selling tickets at face value if someone cannot make it for whatever reason. Someone was kind enough last season to sell me 2 tickets to Lincoln away and I was very grateful. Of course, if people are selling them for big fees then they should be barred for buying tickets for a prolonged period of time as punishment. 

Generally I’d agree but I’m not sure about folk in a high away category buying a ticket for an away game, with no intention of going, and then giving it away or selling it to someone way down the priority category order. 

11 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I found out that a colleague of mine and his mates who are all from Preston do an annual pub crawl in Burton. They get hotels booked and absolutely love it. The version of Burton they have in their head as the home of brewing is very different to the version of Burton I lived in for half my life. They couldn't understand why I was so confused when he explained it to me.

Went to Burton beer festival a few years ago met a group of German tourists who loved Burton for its brewing heritage.

Edited by cstand