Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

On 09/03/2024 at 19:41, angieram said:

Delighted for the lad. It will give him bags of confidence to move forward .

That said having watched four of his goals for Gateshead now, I think he still has a way to go before he's ready for our first team. I reckon a season long loan would be good for him next season, possibly with a League 2 side. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Delighted for the lad. It will give him bags of confidence to move forward .

That said having watched four of his goals for Gateshead now, I think he still has a way to go before he's ready for our first team. I reckon a season long loan would be good for him next season, possibly with a League 2 side. 

I thinknit would be 6 months in L2 followed by 6 months in L1, or a L1 side to taking a punt on him for the full season.

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Fotmob says the trialist is someone called Brendan Kiernan 

Did a little check on this, he’s 31 and was on trial with Crystal Palace u21s recently to gain match fitness and do a bit of coaching. It seems he’s playing midfield today for us. Probably a similar scenario to what Huddlestone is doing at United.

10 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Didn’t join palace, was on trial at Palace

Don't think the websites are correct. He's also down as playing winger for Palace U21's in their game currently vs Villa lol

Edited by Jubbs

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Trialist - Alex Stepien-Iwumene from Southampton. I can't see us making it a permanent move based on other players we have in that position.

Probably a lad that the staff know a little bit about with them coming from Southampton, but like you say, we have a lot of cover in that position. Unless however, they see Robinson and Radcliffe as central defenders rather than midfielders.