Season tickets on sale

Foreveram

20 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

What you say is true in so far as atmosphere, but there is only so much money to go around.  What you suggest would cost millions and bring nothing more in. That is my point.  

The club has clearly made the choice to allow SS to fill up (by selling the experience relatively cheaply).  They are not going to extend it whilst there are seats left unsold.  We would need to operate at 80% of sold capacity (i.e. having capacity for 80 seats where 100 could be sold) before any extension is nessassary.

Whilst Season Ticket sales are fantastic, we are nowhere near that.  

Assuming a capacity of 33,000 we were at 82.6% last season despite the away end rarely being full.

18 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

What about making some of South Stand terracing like  a few other clubs that would increase the capacity of the South stand at a smaller cost 

Does safe standing even increase the capacity though?

45 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

What you say is true in so far as atmosphere, but there is only so much money to go around.  What you suggest would cost millions and bring nothing more in. That is my point.  

The club has clearly made the choice to allow SS to fill up (by selling the experience relatively cheaply).  They are not going to extend it whilst there are seats left unsold.  We would need to operate at 80% of sold capacity (i.e. having capacity for 80 seats where 100 could be sold) before any extension is nessassary.

Whilst Season Ticket sales are fantastic, we are nowhere near that.  

Yep and would the south stand filling up be at the cost of other parts of the ground getting more empty🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I thought every standing space had to have the capacity to be re-jigged as a seat (for certain games), and therefore the safe standing scenario remans the same?  🤷‍♂️

I think you're right, Mucker. At least the way we're doing it.

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I thought every standing space had to have the capacity to be re-jigged as a seat (for certain games), and therefore the safe standing scenario remans the same?  🤷‍♂️

Not quite. Yes they do have to have rail seats for European competitions, but for when they’re not used, the capacity is greater. For us, we wouldn’t need rail seats unless we got a few promotions. 

28 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Cant the away fans be moved into the North Stand and then the South Stand can be pushed round to the whole stand.

Probably segregation and away coach parking issues

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Assuming a capacity of 33,000 we were at 82.6% last season despite the away end rarely being full.

Sold capacity not percentage sold or used.

Reversed, we would need to be selling (or have applications) for 120% of existing seats.  We need people missing out on attending the games for lack of space to demonstrate any demand to exists to expand the seats.

There is a demand for the south stand, but they can sit elsewhere.    

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

yeah. I remember seeing figures a while ago saying you can on average get around 1.4-1.6 people per seat with safe standing. 

That's correct - Assuming the facilities of the ground can cope which I'm sure can be managed.

55 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Sold capacity not percentage sold or used.

Reversed, we would need to be selling (or have applications) for 120% of existing seats.  We need people missing out on attending the games for lack of space to demonstrate any demand to exists to expand the seats.

There is a demand for the south stand, but they can sit elsewhere.    

But they don’t want to sit elsewhere, in fact they don’t want to sit, they want to stand with their mates.
There is nowhere that you can apply for a match day ticket that isn’t there, so you don’t know what the demand is.
When we moved from the Baseball ground to Pride Park the attendance increased by something like 80%.