Summer Rumour Mill

sage

27 minutes ago, Srg said:

I’d be very annoyed if Sibley went. He’s one of the few players we have who can score from out of nothing, and also significantly helps our age issues. He needs to be in the squad and used. 

Surely if he doesnt want to sign a new deal it would make sense to sell. Same for anyone else who is out of contract next summer

9 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Hope it’s Bardell and Radcliffe who get loans. Both look solid in pre season and a loan will really benefit both of them.

People saying Jake Rooney out on loan, we need to keep him. Without him Forsyth is our only centre back cover for the 3.

I don’t see the benefit in loaning Rooney unless there’s someone coming in of better quality/experience. He can cover RCB and DM. Unlikely he’ll start much, but allows us to shuffle the pack a bit more defensively. If he goes I hope we have an emergency recall.

Sibley is frustrating, but he can do things other players can't.  There's no reason he can't get into double figures for goals if he plays regularly as a number ten.  A young player in their last year of a contract worries me though - if it's a choice of sell him now for a decent amount or one more season then go on a free, I would sell him.  It's all down to the £££ though.

20 minutes ago, S6 boy said:

Sibley is frustrating, but he can do things other players can't.  There's no reason he can't get into double figures for goals if he plays regularly as a number ten.  A young player in their last year of a contract worries me though - if it's a choice of sell him now for a decent amount or one more season then go on a free, I would sell him.  It's all down to the £££ though.

Wouldn’t be a free. The money would have to be more than we would get at a tribunal - like Knight money was. 

Warne interview on BBC radio derby this evening, sounds like we will get another 2 good players in as he said he would have to spread the budget “thin” for 3 players. Also said ideally wants a 9 and a 10, I’m guessing a left wing back option is least important out of the 3 positions highlighted by Warne. 

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Warne interview on BBC radio derby this evening, sounds like we will get another 2 good players in as he said he would have to spread the budget “thin” for 3 players. Also said ideally wants a 9 and a 10, I’m guessing a left wing back option is least important out of the 3 positions highlighted by Warne. 

Makes sense as he said a few weeks back that between Elder, Wilson, Sibley and Forsyth they would be fine. Maybe the Elder injury changed his thinking, but the LWB cover was a change in message. 

14 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

We could also do with another central midfielder. 

15 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Seems to be the interview the DET have quoted a couple of times, good listening to it as it brings it a little clearer into context for me than reading it in print, thanks for the pointer.
For me it helped clarify the budget situation, as some have suggested it’s about balancing using what’s left in the budget either as wages or fees, Warne saying it’ll potentially go further as wages for 2 good free agent/loan players than it would if there was a fee to be paid up front for someone under contract. 

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

We could also do with another central midfielder. 

I’m guessing his number 10 will play in midfield or be able to play in midfield at least. On top of Bird, Smith, Hourihane and Thompson aswell as Radcliffe and Robinson. I think we’ve enough options. Aswell as Sibley and Rooney also being able to step into midfield if we ever needed them to.

5 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Hourihane 

sibley 

bird 

Smith 

seems ok I think 

Add Thompson in as I think we'll be going with him as the back up as well. 

Yeah it's o.k, but I would have liked to see us add a player bit a bit of power and pace in there as well. 

6 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I’m guessing his number 10 will play in midfield or be able to play in midfield at least. On top of Bird, Smith, Hourihane and Thompson aswell as Radcliffe and Robinson. I think we’ve enough options. Aswell as Sibley and Rooney also being able to step into midfield if we ever needed them to.

Yeah that's possible.