Season Ticket Renewals 2023-24

SinceIWasntSoYoung

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

EFL will do anything hold this club back including renewing season tickets.

Why?

Despite this continuing persecution complex some of us seem to have (hence the bizarre “duck the EFL” song every time we’re not awarded a penalty) I really don’t think they want to see us suffer financially as a result of season ticket sale restrictions. 

I don’t doubt that they wanted their pound of flesh (hence to player signing restrictions) but surely it’s in the EFL’s interest to have financially viable clubs with as bigger crowds as possible. The EFL stopping us selling season tickets makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Even the lack of a monthly payment scheme (if indeed there isn’t one) doesn’t seem to stem from the EFL given the club said, after the business plan was agreed, that they hoped to have a plan in place for next seasons renewals.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Why?

Despite this continuing persecution complex some of us seem to have (hence the bizarre “duck the EFL” song every time we’re not awarded a penalty) I really don’t think they want to see us suffer financially as a result of season ticket sale restrictions. 

I don’t doubt that they wanted their pound of flesh (hence to player signing restrictions) but surely it’s in the EFL’s interest to have financially viable clubs with as bigger crowds as possible. The EFL stopping us selling season tickets makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Even the lack of a monthly payment scheme (if indeed there isn’t one) doesn’t seem to stem from the EFL given the club said, after the business plan was agreed, that they hoped to have a plan in place for next seasons renewals.

So why are season tickets not available for renewal? And no idea when they will be? It's rather  late isn't it? 

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So why are season tickets not available for renewal? And no idea when they will be? It's rather  late isn't it? 

I honestly can’t think of any sensible reason. 

The theory that they may be waiting for a better indication of what league we’re likely to be in doesn’t make a lot of sense as we’re still likely to be in the play off battle for a few more weeks yet.

EFL restrictions make even less sense to me. Why would the EFL impose such restrictions (apart from the usual “the EFL have a vendetta against us” claim)? If they had, I reckon the club would have told us that they’re unable to sell season tickets until the end of the season in order to a) make it clear it’s not their fault and b) reduce the chance of speculation and time consuming calls from supporters.

52 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The theory that they may be waiting for a better indication of what league we’re likely to be in doesn’t make a lot of sense as we’re still likely to be in the play off battle for a few more weeks yet.

Assuming they're planning a price increase for promotion...

Couldn't they just advertise (and charge) the higher price, with a promise of a part refund if we stay where we are?

Like you say, there doesn't appear to be an obvious reason why they aren't on sale yet, or at least some sort of announcement from the club.  🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

EFL restrictions make even less sense to me. Why would the EFL impose such restrictions (apart from the usual “the EFL have a vendetta against us” claim)? If they had, I reckon the club would have told us that they’re unable to sell season tickets until the end of the season in order to a) make it clear it’s not their fault and b) reduce the chance of speculation and time consuming calls from supporters.

I think the EFL did not let us sell season tickets whilst we were in admin.  So this (if it is the reason for delay) would just be an extension of that restriction, just the same as the restrictions on players incoming even after exiting administration, which also makes no sense if the club is in a play off position. It isn't a business plan at all, its a penalty.    

12 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

So the EFL will deliberately stop the club generating revenue, whilst also enforcing an agreed financial business plan? That just seems ludicrous and completely codswallop.

Is it really

I dont think it is and still have it In for us.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Is it really

I dont think it is and still have it In for us.

You have no evidence for this B4, time to let it go.

Decisions going against us in games? Not the EFL’s fault, look at the Newcastle goal ruled offside through VAR against Forest, ridiculous decisions happen.

Us being under restrictions still? That’s the business plan David Clowes agreed to on taking the club out of administration. Nothing has changed, they haven’t moved the goalposts or put stricter restrictions in place. Nothing.

Other clubs having restrictions lifted? Absolutely nothing to do with us and completely different situations.

The EFL had an issue with Mel Morris and the way he was running the club, not the club itself, Mel Morris has left so there is absolutely no reason for the EFL to have any kind of vendetta against us.

Carry on as you wish though, I just personally think it’s time to move on and stop blaming them for everything as it makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, David said:

You have no evidence for this B4, time to let it go.

Decisions going against us in games? Not the EFL’s fault, look at the Newcastle goal ruled offside through VAR against Forest, ridiculous decisions happen.

Us being under restrictions still? That’s the business plan David Clowes agreed to on taking the club out of administration. Nothing has changed, they haven’t moved the goalposts or put stricter restrictions in place. Nothing.

Other clubs having restrictions lifted? Absolutely nothing to do with us and completely different situations.

The EFL had an issue with Mel Morris and the way he was running the club, not the club itself, Mel Morris has left so there is absolutely no reason for the EFL to have any kind of vendetta against us.

Carry on as you wish though, I just personally think it’s time to move on and stop blaming them for everything as it makes no sense.

Will I ever ever forgive or forget what they have done to our great club hell no.

If was not for them we will be still in the champership.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Will I ever ever forgive or forget what they have done to our great club hell no.

I agree, totally……but this is 2023, things have changed. 

Blame them for the past, not the present thats all I’m saying. 

This time next year we will be heading into a summer without restrictions, your toe will be fantastic and we might even have a decent pie in the concourses.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No B4. If it wasn't for Mel Morris we'd still be in the Championship. If he had run the club properly the EFL would not have done anything to us.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I think the EFL did not let us sell season tickets whilst we were in admin.  So this (if it is the reason for delay) would just be an extension of that restriction, just the same as the restrictions on players incoming even after exiting administration, which also makes no sense if the club is in a play off position. It isn't a business plan at all, its a penalty.    

Surely the restriction last season was purely because we were still in administration. I personally don't think it was a penalty but rather a sensible precaution in case the club went into liquidation. 

I may well be proved wrong but I really can't see even the idiots at the EFL wanting to potentially damage a clubs income by blocking season ticket sales.

The ban on buying players does feel like a punishment but also to appeas other clubs and make sure our club is stabilised before splashing out money singning new players. 

I emailed the ticket office with regards to renewals. This was the reply.

Hi David, 

Thankyou for your email. 

We currently have no information regarding the renewal of season tickets we currently have no information, as soon as the club has been updated regarding this issue we will issue an article on the DCFC website. 

Please keep a look out on our website for any new information. 

15 minutes ago, David said:

I emailed the ticket office with regards to renewals. This was the reply.

Hi David, 

Thankyou for your email. 

We currently have no information regarding the renewal of season tickets we currently have no information, as soon as the club has been updated regarding this issue we will issue an article on the DCFC website. 

Please keep a look out on our website for any new information. 

I also emailed them and got pretty much the same response.

58 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:
2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Surely the restriction last season was purely because we were still in administration. I personally don't think it was a penalty but rather a sensible precaution in case the club went into liquidation. 

I may well be proved wrong but I really can't see even the idiots at the EFL wanting to potentially damage a clubs income by blocking season ticket sales.

The ban on buying players does feel like a punishment but also to appeas other clubs and make sure our club is stabilised before splashing out money singning new players. 

I don't think we were barred per se from selling season tickets by the fact we were in administration because if we could prove we still had sufficient funds to continue until the end of this season, we would have been allowed to enter this season still in administration. But the reality of our situation was that we could not prove those funds without a takeover. We had run out of cash and Kirchner had to borrow/embezzle £1.6m from Paul Stretford's Triple S Company to pay the wage bill for May because his proposed takeover was incomplete. Selling season tickets was simply not an option available to us while the club remained on the brink of extinction.

So the reality was that we could not sell season tickets until a takeover was completed because until that time we could not guarantee completing this season. I feel fairly sure that the usual early bird offer this time around will simply not be made until it is certain which division we will be playing in next season. That makes sense for both the club and supporters alike and does not seem to give rise to any concern at all. The early bird offer was only available for most of July last year. This year it will be available for two to three months, depending upon when our destiny is decided. There is no rush.

From what has been said in the DET, I get the impression that if we are not promoted there may be a small favourable revision of the business plan because the club is currently running a budget surplus; if we are promoted there may be a more generous revision for next season in the face of the expected increase in revenue. While I think the EFL could have treated us better following the takeover, I don't get the vibes that they still have an axe to grind with us now that Mel Morris is off the scene, hopefully forever.

3 hours ago, David said:

I agree, totally……but this is 2023, things have changed. 

Blame them for the past, not the present thats all I’m saying. 

This time next year we will be heading into a summer without restrictions, your toe will be fantastic and we might even have a decent pie in the concourses.

I still think got it still in for us even in 2023 and dont trust them as far as I can throw them.