EFL lifts coverty city and cardiff city embargos

B4ev6is

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well their new owner said debts are clear and clows did same for us and keeps paying them so surely they can be loosened then.

Clowes had to clear the debts for the club to come out of administration, he had no choice.

We still entered a business plan with the EFL which is a requirement when coming out of administration.

Again, these are not remotely the same situations. 

Coventry's ground going into administration had absolutely nothing to do with the club, yes they play there as they pay rent to do so.

They are simply tenants and have no control over the running of the ground. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

Clowes had to clear the debts for the club to come out of administration, he had no choice.

We still entered a business plan with the EFL which is a requirement when coming out of administration.

Again, these are not remotely the same situations. 

Coventry's ground going into administration had absolutely nothing to do with the club, yes they play there as they pay rent to do so.

They are simply tenants and have no control over the running of the ground. 

But still they had debts owner cleared them no things on them while there is for us I dont see how fair this is they still have it in for us.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

But still they had debts owner cleared them no things on them while there is for us I dont see how fair this is they still have it in for us.

I know they did, but that's not the point. 

David Clowes agreed a business plan until the summer of 2024 as a punishment.

The EFL are under no obligation to lift it early.

It doesn't matter what happens at other clubs, completely and utterly irrelevant.

We just have to get on with it, no point in continuing this EFL vendetta stuff, that was in the past, we moved on and once we've served our time we can start to operate like other clubs.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I would still think find something else to stop us. If I was clows I ringing up efl asking them how is fair on derby it is not.

David Clowes agreed to the EFL's business plan in order to get his takeover approved and prevent Derby from being relegated to the Midland League. He's happy with it and he's running the club in accordance with its terms. If the EFL eased the terms of that plan, Steve Gibson and others would probably sue them, so they aren't going to do that.

Let it go, it'll be better for your blood pressure.

2 hours ago, David said:

I know they did, but that's not the point. 

David Clowes agreed a business plan until the summer of 2024 as a punishment.

The EFL are under no obligation to lift it early.

It doesn't matter what happens at other clubs, completely and utterly irrelevant.

We just have to get on with it, no point in continuing this EFL vendetta stuff, that was in the past, we moved on and once we've served our time we can start to operate like other clubs.

So your saying we twin with an Italian club, sell Jason Knight to them for 50 million pounds and then loan him back. I like it ?

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Surely it is very relevant to you.

"As a taxpayer I'd be fuming seeing a football club spending money on players only months after having a large chunk of its VAT liability written off."

Well if Wigan had a large chunk of its VAT liability written off then, yes.

As I know nothing about, nor care about, Wigan Football Club though, I have no idea about their situation, so was not really in a position to be fuming about it.

Is there an actual point you are trying to make here that I am missing?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well if Wigan had a large chunk of its VAT liability written off then, yes.

As I know nothing about, nor care about, Wigan Football Club though, I have no idea about their situation, so was not really in a position to be fuming about it.

Is there an actual point you are trying to make here that I am missing?

Wigan will have written off 75% of it's liability, payed somewhere between £500k and £1m for a single player, yet not a single person is "fuming"

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wigan will have written off 75% of it's liability, payed somewhere between £500k and £1m for a single player, yet not a single person is "fuming"

And how much did that liability amount to?

How do you know nobody is "fuming" about it?

Once again I will ask, what is the point you are trying to make here?

On 12/01/2023 at 08:09, G STAR RAM said:

As a taxpayer I'd be fuming seeing a football club spending money on players only months after having a large chunk of its VAT liability written off.

I hate the EFL with a passion but fully support them on making us stick to our business plan.

Otherwise its just an incentive for more clubs to go down the administration route to clear excessive debts, whilst screwing over small businesses and the taxpayer.

The Cardiff and Coventry cases bore no resemblance to ours whatsoever.

Doesn’t happen in any other business though - the government wants them to thrive and spend money 

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Doesn’t happen in any other business though - the government wants them to thrive and spend money 

Well its wrong, and just because its my football club, I'm not going to be a hypocrite and pretend its all good to carry on as if nothing has happened.