EFL lifts coverty city and cardiff city embargos

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Doesn’t happen in any other business though - the government wants them to thrive and spend money 

Football isn't any other business though. The rules around Administration are different and so it's reasonable that the rules around exiting Administration are different. 

I'm still angry that we ended up in Administration in the first place (Mel), and angry at the way that the EFL behaved, and the way that Gibson and Couhig used our position to benefit from claims that would have been thrown out of a Court, but I'm not angry that Wigan appear to have been given a less stringent business plan, because their debts were much lower than ours and their Administration was unnecessary and bordering on fraud. 

On the personal responsibility argument I don't really buy that. After-all, Mel has disappeared into the mist and will likely never attend a derby game again let alone keep ownership of the club. Forfeiture of ownership is the punishment for mismanagement of the club to this extent. The club itself is simply a 'machine', under Mel it was badly run but under Clowes we've turned the page. But punishing 'the machine' is an odd thing to be doing. But without Clowes it appears that we probably would have gone under, he was our knight saving us from complete collapse.

Instead of playing Belper with a phoenix club we're still Derby County in the third tier of English football. I'm happy to take a lot of punishment for our current situation and am immensely grateful the taxpayers accepted a large haircut. If they'd demanded their full share it seems from the outside at least likely we'd never have survived. Realistically, in this division and the one above us we'll still do just fine even under the current restrictions. We're still an attractive prospect and a bigger draw than 95% of the clubs in the football league.