Rosenoir’s signings

Poynton ram

Warne unfairly in my opinion is getting some stick for the way we are playing. Out of curiosity how many of the summer signings would he have made? He has made positive noises about Collins and Didzy but is that kidology? Would Barks and NML have been on his shopping list and what about Hourihane? How many of the current squad did he sign? Can’t remember if he was responsible for any of the loanees, possibly none

Doesn’t really matter.

He has the squad he inherits till he can change it, it is what it is.

Rosenior did a good job getting a decent team together in a very short space in time and with big restrictions.

Warne is doing a good job getting a top 6 spot with the thrown together team he inherited.

It’ll be interesting to see what he does in the next two windows and how he shapes the squad to his liking!

Edited by Ramarena

1 hour ago, Poynton ram said:

Warne unfairly in my opinion is getting some stick for the way we are playing. Out of curiosity how many of the summer signings would he have made? He has made positive noises about Collins and Didzy but is that kidology? Would Barks and NML have been on his shopping list and what about Hourihane? How many of the current squad did he sign? Can’t remember if he was responsible for any of the loanees, possibly none

Warne has openly said he tried to sign one or two of our targets.

Korey Smith was one he mentioned.

In fairness, every player signed this summer has contributed.

That is an impressive hit rate, to be fair, when you have no money to spend, as you usually get one or two outright duds, no matter where you shop.

I know people may mention Anang, however I think it’s unfair if he was broken as soon as he arrived, and he was only ever going to be a back up to Wildsmith anyway.

I think this topic is more “which of the players are Warne-type players” more than anything. 

Hard to answer but Warne has said he likes pace and athleticism across the pitch so he can implement his high energy style. So with that in mind, you’re looking at maybe NML. 

5 hours ago, maydrakin said:

In fairness, every player signed this summer has contributed.

That is an impressive hit rate, to be fair, when you have no money to spend, as you usually get one or two outright duds, no matter where you shop.

I know people may mention Anang, however I think it’s unfair if he was broken as soon as he arrived, and he was only ever going to be a back up to Wildsmith anyway.

I think Anang may well have been brought in as number one. People (I hold my hands up) were dubious of Wildsmith as a first choice, and that was reinforced for me in the early games, but now I see it was down to Rosenior’s method of playing. Normally you'd think a goalkeeper's role is pretty much the same, but he was being asked to perform a very unusual function early in the campaign. Since Warne came in, Wildsmith has become a star performer. And is clearly enjoying his football.

Tough on Anang, but his fracture has ended up as a real blessing in disguise. 

Edited by Carl Sagan