Ipswich Town V Derby County: Player Ratings

Ellafella

10 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Monday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. 

Wildsmith  8

Chester     7

Davies.      6

Cashin.     8

Mendez-Laing.   6.5

Smith.     7

Sibley.      6.5

Bird.         6

Barkhuizen.   6

Forsyth.       6

Dobbin.     6.5

McGoldrick.  6

Osula.       6.5

Hourihane.     6

Thompson.    6.5

On 22/10/2022 at 05:54, Ellafella said:

Wildsmith 7.5 Saved a pen, some good kicks, could have commanded the area a bit better but generally did all that was asked of him, and blameless for the goal.

Chester 6.5 A dip in form.

Davies 6 The goal was mainly his fault, but he's a warrior to battle on and did other good stuff.

Cashin 7.5 Love how very involved in the game he is, doing a mixture of good and bad but more good than bad. 

Mendez-Laing 7 Will have done him good to play the full 90. Decent.

Smith 6 Wrong challenge sending the ball to Davies for their goal. OK but need more from him.

Sibley 6.5 Impact waned when put out onto the left wing, and we needed more final ball quality and composure from him. But involved in our good moments.

Bird 6.5 Decent first half but faded and less influence in the second when we needed him to step up

Barkhuizen 5.5 He can't do the defensive side and his attacking moments were generally poor. Needs to be further up the pitch and better on the right.

Forsyth 6 OK but no real impact. I would start him at left wingback though.

Dobbin 6 A couple of bright moments but rarely involved.

McGoldrick 5 Gave away the penalty and didn't do much else.

Osula 6 Not enough involvement or impact.

Hourihane 6 No involvement or impact.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I'm pretty sure Smith didn't touch the ball in the build-up to the goal. Cashin stretched for it, but I think it was 'toed' towards Davies by the scorer, Burns. It was Curtis' back-pass that left Wildsmith in no-man's land.

It was clearly Curtis's tired, careless backpass that set up the goal. But I thought in the buildup it was a Smith intervention that led to the ball ending up with Curtis. But I'll try to look again.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was clearly Curtis's tired, careless backpass that set up the goal. But I thought in the buildup it was a Smith intervention that led to the ball ending up with Curtis. But I'll try to look again.

I think the move actually starts with Evans, the guy who probably shouldn't have been on the pitch!

35 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

That is somewhat harsh and unfair, he under hit the pass. There was plenty of that happening in the game.