Charlton Tickets

WystonRam

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Arrived this morning (having bought Saturday afternoon). Sure it will sell out with 125 tickets left in total across the various remaining blocks. Will we be able to sit where we've bought?

Mine also arrived today having bought Thursday morning. They obviously don't post them out on a daily basis.

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Arrived this morning (having bought Saturday afternoon). Sure it will sell out with 125 tickets left in total across the various remaining blocks. Will we be able to sit where we've bought?

Usually, yes, unless you're unlucky enough to have chosen a seat high up where the Derby mafioso choose to stand, then it's tough. They'll just shove you and push you out of the way until you give up and wait in the concourse for the match to finish. (You can never find the obscure seats they've vacated to come up and annoy you!)

Of course it helps if you're more than 5 feet 4 and can push back.

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

Usually, yes, unless you're unlucky enough to have chosen a seat high up where the Derby mafioso choose to stand, then it's tough. They'll just shove you and push you out of the way until you give up and wait in the concourse for the match to finish. (You can never find the obscure seats they've vacated to come up and annoy you!)

Of course it helps if you're more than 5 feet 4 and can push back.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound great. On the lower tier so should be OK. Not been away since QPR just before covid, so wondered what the score was (other than 0-2 to the Derby for this one!) 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound great. On the lower tier so should be OK. Not been away since QPR just before covid, so wondered what the score was (other than 0-2 to the Derby for this one!) 

To be fair, I am getting to be a bit of a misery at away matches recently. I didn't used to mind being in the middle of it all but as I get older I am finding it a bit difficult to hold my own. I'm sure you'll be fine. ?

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

To be fair, I am getting to be a bit of a misery at away matches recently. I didn't used to mind being in the middle of it all but as I get older I am finding it a bit difficult to hold my own. I'm sure you'll be fine. ?

I normal love to be near the back my dad going to have a word with a steward to see if I can sit with the disabled unless I am in hospital having op done to my big toe. 

31 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know how angie feels on that someone muscle you out of your place just because they want to be near there mates or just because that want your seat.

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

But if just going to London Bridge at that time (to avail yourselves of the delights of Borough Market and surrounding pubs) it's as easy to go Northern Line which is 5 stops, so a 10 minute journey.

Good to know.

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

But if just going to London Bridge at that time (to avail yourselves of the delights of Borough Market and surrounding pubs) it's as easy to go Northern Line which is 5 stops, so a 10 minute journey.

It’s a 10 minute journey to walk to the underground platform .. if it’s not busy. And another 10 minutes to get out again. 

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It’s a 10 minute journey to walk to the underground platform .. if it’s not busy. And another 10 minutes to get out again. 

Very true. The worst offenders are King's Cross/St Pancras, London Bridge, Waterloo, and Bank/Monument. I've actually tried to commit the 3D plans to memory so I can see where the sometimes crazy signs take you (to regulate traffic) and where you should actually go to reach the platform most efficiently.

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/articles/3d-maps-of-every-underground-station-hijklm-14683/

On 04/08/2022 at 10:34, S8TY said:

me too lol?

Also travelling down on my own from Lincolnshire. If you want some company over a few beers, I'm heading for 'The George' just South of London Bridge Station on the main A3, I'll be there about 1215. Sure there will be lots of Rams in the pubs around that area/Borough Market.