Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well have seen accidents from people sitting from sitting down to standing up and then lose there balance going about 10 seats down and them needs amberlance staff.

Were standing your already up and and able to move around a lot easier.

31 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I have seen it happen but I know sounds odd but I have seen it.

I'm trying really, really hard not to doubt you mate.  And I am most certainly reluctant to accuse you of deliberate falsehoods, so I'm more than happy to accept what you say.

However, I just find it fascinating, that merely by standing up from a seated position, and losing balance, someone can fall over nine rows of seats, to the tenth row below.
No pushing, no surging, no shoving, no shenanigans, no intoxication.  No clear aisles, but actually over the rows of seats.

And not just once, as you refer to these experiences in the plural.  You are blessed, to have witnessed such scenes.  

I beg you mate... please, please, please take your phone next time, and video it.  At the very least, you could make £250 of that Jeremy Hill fella, or whatever his name is. 

??

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm trying really, really hard not to doubt you mate.  And I am most certainly reluctant to accuse you of deliberate falsehoods, so I'm more than happy to accept what you say.

However, I just find it fascinating, that merely by standing up from a seated position, and losing balance, someone can fall over nine rows of seats, to the tenth row below.
No pushing, no surging, no shoving, no shenanigans, no intoxication.  No clear aisles, but actually over the rows of seats.

And not just once, as you refer to these experiences in the plural.  You are blessed, to have witnessed such scenes.  

I beg you mate... please, please, please take your phone next time, and video it.  At the very least, you could make £250 of that Jeremy Hill fella, or whatever his name is. 

??

I think safe standing needs to be switched to safe sitting, as being seated is obviously the most dangerous.

Perhaps @B4ev6is would prefer seat belts being installed to every seat in the lower tier and rollercoaster style overhead restraints for upper tier as extra precaution?

The stewards will then police that fans have everything buckled throughout the match. If not, you get ejected from the stadium. 

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

??

I bet Jimmy Hill is turning in his grave with what`s happening at Cov City ,

Oh sorry Jeremy Hill 

Think its Harry Hill 

20 hours ago, Rambervalley said:

Please explain why standing is ‘safer’

History suggests otherwise….

The below quote is from B4...please read carefully his quote ?

"Well like at torquay untied was man of the forum"

I've been to matches when I was tied up, It's not a pleasant experience, Ask who was the man of this forum who was "untied" he'll tell you how safe it is? 

39 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The below quote is from B4...please read carefully his quote ?

"Well like at torquay untied was man of the forum"

I've been to matches when I was tied up, It's not a pleasant experience, Ask who was the man of this forum who was "untied" he'll tell you how safe it is? 

I think I said this once before, what happened in Torquay stays in Torquay.?

On 13/12/2022 at 15:58, B4ev6is said:

Well that can sit on top of the seat and I for one think that if people sit down it spoils the noise level and I think standing more fun. And safer too.

All of the 96 who died at Hillsborough were standing up. Go and tell your views on safety to their families.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

39 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

All of the 96 who died at Hillsborough were standing up. Go and tell your views on safety to their families.

Back then they dont have technology that we do today and people back then went in there thousands and not likely get crush today unless panick happens.

Well for me even with my spcaik boot I still have to wear I just go a bit slower and more careful.

I just dont see issue If near the back going end up standing anyways.

What are tickets selling for cheltem away.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Back then they dont have technology that we do today and people back then went in there thousands and not likely get crush today unless panick happens.

Well for me even with my spcaik boot I still have to wear I just go a bit slower and more careful.

I just dont see issue If near the back going end up standing anyways.

What are tickets selling for cheltem away.

The reason people "back then" went in their thousands was due to vast open terraces that could accept thousands.  Because of the crushes that happened, those vast terraces were replaced with seats.  That equalled a much lower capacity for the same size stadia, and also due to seat widths/pitches, everyone is more spread out, thus further reducing the risk of said crushes.

That is the reason why we are less likely to get crushed today... and the whole point of the larger stadia being ordered by law to become all-seater.
Note the words "law" and "all-seater".

The fact that crowds are now smaller than "back then", and less likely to be crushed, is most definitely not a coincidence.  It's almost as if someone planned it that way!

On the standing vs sitting question as annoying as it is there is a culture in this country of standing for away games. I tend to think if you are going away then obviously you need to keep that in mind. It sucks for many people but that's the state of play for a lot of clubs nowadays and generally has been since I've been going. Given how difficult it is to get away tickets atm the argument that we cordon off sections for standing/sitting is most likely unworkable. For any 'big game' it would also be completely fruitless as an exercise thus limiting its effectiveness to matches where if you want to sit you likely can anyway. 

However, having said this I've got a ticket for Bolton on the front row of the bottom tier and am expecting to sit down for the match. Whilst I'd prefer to stand I view it as common courtesy to sit down if someone is older and would like to watch the match. I'd like to think that most people would accept that if you're very low down then you may have to sit down for the duration of the game even if your personal preference is to stand. We all want to go for as long as we can and some people are unfortunately not blessed with the health or stamina to stand for 2 hours. I'd hate to think that if one day as I got older I felt I couldn't enjoy the rams away because younger healthier folk couldn't stand the idea of sitting down near the front of the stand.  

So for me the name of the game is realism and consideration. It's not realistic to expect formal structures to be put in place on the standing vs sitting question and neither are they for my money likely to work. But people should be considerate of others. If you're wanting to stand then try to get a ticket closer to the back of the stand. If that's not possible you should accept it is the considerate and polite thing to sit down if you are asked to do so. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Best seen for disabled at licon city were like mini stand for disabled I think something like that should be made at some grounds anyone wants to sit down can go in there everyone happy.

... Apart from those disabled fans that couldn't get a ticket as able-bodied fans who just wanted to sit down snapped them all up.

How about those that want to sit down just buy a ticket in a seated stand, where there are many more seats than in the "mini-stand for disabled"?  ?‍♂️

Anyway... I'm done on this one... I can't compete with your rhetoric.  ?

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I thought best idea seen this season

The best idea was Burton, those that wanted to stand bought a ticket behind the goal, those that wanted to sit bought a seat ticket, and those that bought a seat ticket but thought it was ok to stand up were asked to sit down, but we’ve been over this.