Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

31 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I was hanging back to see if that last block opens up but it hasn’t yet. The random one in H2 is now sold but bizarrely there is now 7 available in H1. This block has 154 seats and I anticipate block J3 will be the same. Currently 123 seats on sale plus the last block. Don’t forget that it’s unreserved seats so don’t waste time trying to pick a seat, any will do. And don’t forget if they do sell out keep revisiting cos they will pop back up. Good luck everyone.

Cheers - refresh, refresh, refresh..........2 tickets secured.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

They pop up, you press buy and they have already gone. Farcical

Demand outstripping supply, maybe everyone that lost out should contact the club and ask about the other 1,000 tickets they could give us. Not down to our club of course but someone should be explaining why we haven’t received them, or if we will.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

Demand outstripping supply, maybe everyone that lost out should contact the club and ask about the other 1,000 tickets they could give us. Not down to our club of course but someone should be explaining why we haven’t received them, or if we will.

DCFC have oversold memberships IMO

Also, if there are less than 100 or maybe 200 tickets left overnight, then you can't have 3 ways of buying tickets. 

I've just missed out on 3 games. The only game i got tickets for is Morecambe. ffs

The system is broken and i will be having a tense phone call with them later. 

16 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Not been able to get ticket to any away game yet, I’ll be glad when we’re back in the Championship with bigger allocations.

Accrington Stanley next, although it’s a very small ground they’ve got no fans so they do give us half of it.

20 minutes ago, sage said:

DCFC have oversold memberships IMO

Also, if there are less than 100 or maybe 200 tickets left overnight, then you can't have 3 ways of buying tickets. 

I've just missed out on 3 games. The only game i got tickets for is Morecambe. ffs

The system is broken and i will be having a tense phone call with them later. 

Phoned the ticket office. They are aware of problems. They hare having problems selecting tickets. I explained they have several hundred members trying to buy around 100 tickets in about 5 minutes vis three different methods with an online system not fit for purpose.

I suggested they have a) oversold memberships and b) need to suspend online sales when there are less than 200 available overnight.

22 minutes ago, sage said:

Phoned the ticket office. They are aware of problems. They hare having problems selecting tickets. I explained they have several hundred members trying to buy around 100 tickets in about 5 minutes vis three different methods with an online system not fit for purpose.

I suggested they have a) oversold memberships and b) need to suspend online sales when there are less than 200 available overnight.

why should they suspend online sales? what if you have a job and can't get to the ground at 10am?

There are pros and cons of every method of buying. What people should be asking for is for the extra standing area to go on sale.

They did it for clubs last season but seem unprepared to do it this year. No doubt the answer will be the ubiquitous 'police advice', which roughly translated means 'we can't be arsed'.

9 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

why should they suspend online sales? what if you have a job and can't get to the ground at 10am?

32 minutes ago, sage said:

I rang also. Didnt know you could still get tickets by phone as would have tried that while refreshing. Suspect very few were available for online sales. Demand just too much. I have still been refreshing hopefully but it has now changed to "no events found"!

21 minutes ago, sage said:

Why would they suspend online sales? Surely that disadvantages those of us that can't make it to the ticket office or don't want to/can't sit on the phone?

The system should work (and may well do) the same as theatre ticket sales: if there are seats available then you can click on it and purchase. That seat will show as unavailable to anyone else unless you time out or cancel your selection. The same process should apply if you're buying at the ticket office or over the phone but this time a member of staff is selecting on your behalf. I know it's a pain with seat availability changing all the time (either down as seats are selected/bought or up as selections are timed out/cancelled) but I can't really think of a better method when availability is so limited.

I'm not sure I agree that membership has been oversold either. OK there are thousands of us trying to buy from a couple of hundred (or less) seats available but, if membership had been limited then unless you were one of the lucky ones who were able to get membership you'd have pretty much zero chance of getting a ticket for most games. 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I rang also. Didnt know you could still get tickets by phone as would have tried that while refreshing. Suspect very few were available for online sales. Demand just too much. I have still been refreshing hopefully but it has now changed to "no events found"!

Are you on the list for returns? There will definitely be some.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

There are pros and cons of every method of buying. What people should be asking for is for the extra standing area to go on sale.

They did it for clubs last season but seem unprepared to do it this year. No doubt the answer will be the ubiquitous 'police advice', which roughly translated means 'we can't be arsed'.

I asked and ticket office person said didnt know anything about the extra stand! To be fair there are about 10 police for the whole of Cambridgeshire so it probably is difficult for the higher profile matches. But if they dont open the stand there will be so many Derby fans in home areas that will probably be more troublesome so they need to consider bigger picture