Away Memberships

Day

1 hour ago, curb said:

id gladly give up my ticket if I got one and someone in the 15-20+ bracket didn’t.

Given the sales reports that have been given on the forum for the first few priority levels for Charlton, it doesn't look like that will be necessary under the current system or any variation along the lines I was suggesting, but @B4ev6iswill appreciate the gesture I'm sure ?

I've got every respect for those who get to half or more of the away games, particularly in circumstances like we had last year, and I'm not suggesting that they should lose their hard-earned privileges. And nothing I suggest has a cat in hells chance of being acted on by the club anyway, has it? 

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I'm not blaming the new owner. Does it even look like I'm complaining? I've claimed no preferential treatment whatsoever. I'm simply suggesting that changes might be worth thinking about for next season that perhaps simplify the priority system, give opportunity for a small % of occasional away travellers to get to some of the smaller grounds, and possibly allow all fans to plan their journeys and/or stopovers with greater certainty and more economically. 

Is that controversial? 

I wasn’t specifically having a go at you, but at the general moaning about the allocation. No offence intended ?

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Not to mention Cardiff away  rearranged midweek match in the pouring rain when you are expected to lose, and do.

Ah, but we found a lovely little pub on a back street on the rather soggy walk back to our hotel! ?

4 hours ago, curb said:

I would very much doubt it.

Do people who are complaining realise the commitment these people who go to 15 or 20+ away games in season?

Especially last season when they got very few results for their efforts.

The cost is massive, for me and my lad to go to an away game you’re looking at something between £100-250, hotels, train fares, fuel, food and drinks etc., but time commitments as well, you’ve got to make it your priority above virtually everything else in your life.

Blackburn away on a Tuesday night when we’ve lost however many away games on the trot takes massive commitment.

id gladly give up my ticket if I got one and someone in the 15-20+ bracket didn’t.

Who was complaining?

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

Ah, but we found a lovely little pub on a back street on the rather soggy walk back to our hotel! ?

I mentioned it before but I was actually questioning my sanity on the twenty minute walk back to the hotel in pouring rain and pain in my dodgy knees and thinking this is supposed to be fun ?

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

I mentioned it before but I was actually questioning my sanity on the twenty minute walk back to the hotel in pouring rain and pain in my dodgy knees and thinking this is supposed to be fun ?

Well at least you not go neve dammage which no cure too.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well at least you not go neve dammage which no cure too.

I once went to Plymouth away with two broken legs a broken arm and temporary loss of sight and hearing and I walked there and back on my own. 

7 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

How does that work if 50,000 apply today.

It'll mean we can bring in three extra new signings next week but 45k away members will never get to see them play away ?

Edited by Brailsford Ram

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

How does that work if 50,000 apply today.

It stops the glory hunters who decide to wait until later in the season to see if it's worth getting one.

A more realistic figure might be 5,000 rather than 50,000. That would still significantly exceed the number of tickets available for some grounds but at least it gives you priority over the glory hunters.

I must confess, I only bought away membership last season (in March) to give me a better chance of getting a ticket for Blackpool. I wouldn't be able to do it this season (quite apart from the fact that we won't be playing Blackpool of course but I'm sure you get the point).

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Erm, it wasn’t me who was talking about getting an away membership ?

Exactly, like I say now we don’t play Forest this season not much point in you getting one is there?