Let's take massive 10k upto bradford city if we are allowed too.

B4ev6is

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well let's take a massive 10k upto bradford city and let's have a massive party now let's show curretley players and new players just how big a club we are and get even bigger now. And lets have a sea of black and white around there stadium.

Are the pies expensive B4 ? Surely won’t need that much dosh ?

Sorry B4 but 10k simply isn’t realistic.

With season tickets, memberships, new kits on the horizon whilst the cost of living is soaring in this country, i suspect the away following will be in it’s hundreds rather than thousands.

Could be wrong, but it’s only next weekend and chances are we will be fielding largely a youth team as Rosenior starts to assemble the squad.

26 minutes ago, David said:

With season tickets, memberships, new kits on the horizon whilst the cost of living is soaring in this country, i suspect the away following will be in it’s hundreds rather than thousands.

Could be wrong, but it’s only next weekend and chances are we will be fielding largely a youth team as Rosenior starts to assemble the squad.

Well tickets only £10 

Hardly breaking the bank is it.

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well tickets only £10 

Hardly breaking the bank is it.

It’s not just £10, you have travel costs to consider as well.

For myself and Mrs, it would cost £87 on the train from where we live, plus £20 for match tickets we’re over £100 without eating and drinking for a pre season friendly which will be made up of youth team players building match fitness.

From Derby, it’s £55 for 2x adults return, again with tickets that’s £75.

I don’t consider that to be good value for money and whilst we could drive, it’s almost £100 to fill the tank with petrol now, plus parking fees thrown in.

As I said, the cost of living is soaring, food, energy, petrol, some families are struggling right now and a pre season friendly v Bradford will not be high on their priority list right now. 

I would be amazed if we took anywhere close to that.

You need to remember that not everybody is in the same financial position as you when you make statements like “hardly breaking the bank is it”, some people will tonight be considering visiting food banks tomorrow, just to put a meal on the table.

17 minutes ago, David said:

For myself and Mrs, it would cost £87 on the train from where we live, plus £20 for match tickets we’re over £100 without eating and drinking for a pre season friendly which will be made up of youth team players building match fitness.

I don’t consider that to be good value for money and whilst we could drive, it’s almost £100 to fill the tank with petrol now, plus parking fees thrown in.

As I said, the cost of living is soaring, food, energy, petrol, some families are struggling right now and a pre season friendly v Bradford will not be high on their priority list right now. 

You need to remember that not everybody is in the same financial position as you when you make statements like “hardly breaking the bank is it”, some people will tonight be considering visiting food banks tomorrow, just to put a meal on the table.

Well I know Neptune is running a coach for it.

Well some people might car share with friends and family split the costs. Like my dad we going to it and I more than happy split the costs with him. Even if buying the food and beer.

1 hour ago, David said:

763 sold.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well bradford wont sell out so I see no issue to allowed to have few thousand then.

Of course they won't, it's a friendly, which is why we haven't even sold out our initial allocation either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/07/2022 at 00:42, David said:

I think we ended up with about 1,300 at Bradford which is great. But I know a lot of fans could do with a bit of help to buy a season ticket. Perhaps we could consider helping them instead of spending hundreds on “away days”. I know it’s not for everyone.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think we ended up with about 1,300 at Bradford which is great. But I know a lot of fans could do with a bit of help to buy a season ticket. Perhaps we could consider helping them instead of spending hundreds on “away days”. I know it’s not for everyone.

Yeah that was a decent turnout considering what has gone on not just at the club but across the country.