Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

Here are some extended highlights from the u18 game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7j9RVY60fQ.  The shaky camera work and the editing, presumably done by a work experience lad, make this a slightly migraine-inducing experience, but we certainly seem to have given a good account of ourselves.  The commentators are presumably from MUFC, but they do highlight what a good game Riley Moloney had.

In slightly less welcome news, I see the official site's preview of the u21 game tomorrow against the Red Dogs says that Courtney (C.J.) Clarke has left us, which is a shame as he seemed one of the more promising of that group.

6 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Courtney Clarke has left the club

Strange one, always thought he was decent and one of the better prospects. If I remember, his injury record wasn't the best? Maybe that was a large factor, who knows, but it's a pretty big loss all things considered. 

26 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Strange one, always thought he was decent and one of the better prospects. If I remember, his injury record wasn't the best? Maybe that was a large factor, who knows, but it's a pretty big loss all things considered. 

I rated him, too. Thought he was better in midfield than defence, but has had to cover there a lot during the last couple of seasons due to injuries. 

As you say, also been injured quite a bit himself. I wonder if he's got another club because that would usually be the only reason we let him go early? 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I rated him, too. Thought he was better in midfield than defence, but has had to cover there a lot during the last couple of seasons due to injuries. 

As you say, also been injured quite a bit himself. I wonder if he's got another club because that would usually be the only reason we let him go early? 

Robinson, Hawkins and Bates are the preferred CMs at the moment Aghatiseand Ibrahim typically being used further forward. This departure means we can guve more opportunities to Sebagabo and Fapetu.

When Bird is fit, we'll likely see Tommo filling in more frequently to maintain match fitness.

7 hours ago, Jubbs said:

I’m assuming he’s moved to the US. 

It’s that time of the year when contract decisions for the summer are coming quickly into focus. If lads are aware of opportunities or have already been told that they won’t be getting a new deal it’s better they “beat the rush” so to speak before others are released…. 

I think over the next month or so we will see a few more out the door for the u21s as the budgets and pro deals for u18s are decided. 

11 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Anybody know who Owen Eric Damilola Oseni is?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-squad-list-efl-8126845

And whether he’s been signed permantly, or on loan, and how long for?

19 yesr old forward from Waterford. He had a trial with Brentford in January and appears to have been available for free due to not being on a pro contract.