Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

10 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

If Clowes can find a few quid behind the sofa, who *realistically* do you actually want?

You're not getting Wilder. I saw a few suggestions of that, which is ridiculous. 

Told you before, big Stevey Cotterill would be a shrewd--albeit, absolutely hilarious--appointment for a third tier struggler.

What's Paul Ince upto? 

Wilder looks like he is following suit of doing one phenomenal job over a couple of seasons before a succession of disappointments elsewhere.

Phil Brown, Paul Jewell, David Wagner and Owen Coyle also all got promoted, kept a club up (Coyle after moving to Bolton) before failing to repeat that success elsewhere.

I’d rather take a punt on Idiakez than Wilder.

Yes we would want to be in Forest’s position right now instead of where we find ourselves, no question. But we can laugh at their continued delusions of grandeur, the fact their owner and portions of their fan base think they should be one of the elite clubs in the country. They genuinely think they’re going to win trophies and get into Europe, they can’t get their heads around that they might have a couple of seasons of improvement ahead, they might have a season where they get in the top 10, but that’s as good as it’s going to get. Forest fans don’t seem to understand that if you take Clough out of their history then they’ve achieved f*** all, same with us. Difference is we get it and would therefore be over the moon with where Forest are and would embrace it, whereas portions (not all there are some more realistic red dogs out there) are getting restless. I hope they do sack Cooper, I hope they bring in someone (maybe even a name) with no knowledge of English football who will mess things up and accelerate their decline.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We can always laugh at forest. I mean, just look at them. Just, not directly at them, that can lead to blindness.

I wouldn't want you guys straining your neck looking up the tiers of English football either.. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yes we would want to be in Forest’s position right now instead of where we find ourselves, no question. But we can laugh at their continued delusions of grandeur, the fact their owner and portions of their fan base think they should be one of the elite clubs in the country. They genuinely think they’re going to win trophies and get into Europe, they can’t get their heads around that they might have a couple of seasons of improvement ahead, they might have a season where they get in the top 10, but that’s as good as it’s going to get. Forest fans don’t seem to understand that if you take Clough out of their history then they’ve achieved f*** all, same with us. Difference is we get it and would therefore be over the moon with where Forest are and would embrace it, whereas portions (not all there are some more realistic red dogs out there) are getting restless. I hope they do sack Cooper, I hope they bring in someone (maybe even a name) with no knowledge of English football who will mess things up and accelerate their decline.

If you check the history books I think you will find that we won our SECOND top division trophy under Dave Mackay.

On 31/10/2023 at 15:00, Foreveram said:

If you check the history books I think you will find that we won our SECOND top division trophy under Dave Mackay.

Very very true and I did know that, but there’s also an argument that if Clough hadn’t elevated us to those heights in the first place the second title wouldn’t have happened. 

26 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Very very true and I did know that, but there’s also an argument that if Clough hadn’t elevated us to those heights in the first place the second title wouldn’t have happened. 

It also gave me a chance on a thread about red dogs to highlight the fact that we have actually won it twice 😉

26 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

There must have been a few hoping you'd lose so he gets the sack. Come on, be honest.. Hold you hands up 

That's probably the truest thing you've ever posted on here - no need to look far to see who they are.

Mind you, I still wouldn't swop with you no matter what. 

37 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Blimey, you lot really are rubbish 😂

There must have been a few hoping you'd lose so he gets the sack. Come on, be honest.. Hold you hands up 

You can barely gloat today - the main reason you got a result vs Villa is because their goalkeeper made a mess of...

...oh wait... 😳

On 31/10/2023 at 12:29, BramcoteRam84 said:

why is it funny that the owner thinks they should be an elite club in the country? 

i find that extremely unfunny really especially when hes willing to pump money into the club

meanwhile ours has grand plans to take us to the second division in 5 years 

there is no chance they are going down this year the teams at the bottom are crap, last year was the year they needed to go

26 minutes ago, alram said:

why is it funny that the owner thinks they should be an elite club in the country? 

i find that extremely unfunny really especially when hes willing to pump money into the club

meanwhile ours has grand plans to take us to the second division in 5 years 

there is no chance they are going down this year the teams at the bottom are crap, last year was the year they needed to go

How ungrateful is this. DC literally saved your club and its not good enough? He's done an enormous amount for DCFC and god alone knows where you'd be if it wasn't for him. 

You sound like my ex wife. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

I didn’t even notice Forest were playing today.

They have quickly turned into a PL side with very little media attention.

They are never going to become a top six side. And for this season at least they are in no danger of going down.

Similar to Palace, Fulham and Wolves. You may aswell call the season on them now. They are just going to be in the comfortable 10th - 16th range.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I didn’t even notice Forest were playing today.

They have quickly turned into a PL side with very little media attention.

They are never going to become a top six side. And for this season at least they are in no danger of going down.

Similar to Palace, Fulham and Wolves. You may aswell call the season on them now. They are just going to be in the comfortable 10th - 16th range.

Love This GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

28 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Love This GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Aren’t you bored already? I mean, I’d understand the excitement if you were still a work in progress playing great football. But it seems like you are maxing out playing defensive percentage football.

You are like how Brighton were under Chris Hughton.