Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

25 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

We're going to get tonked, but losing away at arguably the best team in the league won't define our season..

Losing at home to arguably the worst (in the third tier) hardly helps yours. 

The best team in the league will be Man City as per, no argument.  Wigan aren't the worst side in this, no argument.

I can understand why you come on here at the first opportunity mind.  I ventured over onto your home site for the first time in 3 months.  Within ten minutes of reading 5 pages of totally inane b*******, I'd shat out 1000 brain cells and developed cataracts as some kind of histamine warning to limit further damage. I assume the rise in attendances is due to each one bringing a registered carer along on match days. 

10 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

We're going to get tonked, but losing away at arguably the best team in the league won't define our season..

Losing at home to arguably the worst (in the third tier) hardly helps yours. 

For the record, Wigan are a good team in league 1, and we were all over them. One of those freak results where 2 mistakes handed them the win. If they were all over us all game I’d be worried, but this will not define our season either. 

30 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

For the record, Wigan are a good team in league 1, and we were all over them. One of those freak results where 2 mistakes handed them the win. If they were all over us all game I’d be worried, but this will not define our season either. 

You don't need to tell him what happened he'll have been following it minute by minute or probably even at the game 

41 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

You don't need to tell him what happened he'll have been following it minute by minute or probably even at the game 

That’s precisely why I do need to. Looking at the result, I can see why he’s making a mess of his y-fronts right now. But the result doesn’t tell the whole story. 

I don’t think the gap between the two clubs has been as wide as what it currently is during my lifetime (born in 88). Those 5-0 and 10 men victories were a decade ago now. 

It could be another decade before we even play against each other. Let alone us overtake them.

I feel sorry for the younger generation of Derby fans. I’m lucky to have witnessed the Jim Smith era albeit as a kid. Those who came along in the late 90s onwards have only known caca aside from one fun George Burley season, a fluke promotion under Billy and 18 months of McClaren football.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t think the gap between the two clubs has been as wide as what it currently is during my lifetime (born in 88). Those 5-0 and 10 men victories were a decade ago now. 

It could be another decade before we even play against each other. Let alone us overtake them.

I feel sorry for the younger generation of Derby fans. I’m lucky to have witnessed the Jim Smith era albeit as a kid. Those who came along in the late 90s onwards have only known caca aside from one fun George Burley season, a fluke promotion under Billy and 18 months of McClaren football.

Oh give over.

We'll both be in the championship together within 3 years.

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Michael Dawson Football GIF by Nottingham Forest

On 06/08/2023 at 09:15, TigerTedd said:

For the record, Wigan are a good team in league 1, and we were all over them. One of those freak results where 2 mistakes handed them the win.

Blackpool too. Top top team definitely going somewhere.. 

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Before Forest got promoted.  This was top of the charts when they got relegated.  In the last century.  Kind of fits their season and the next 23 years..  A couple of years is a long time

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Oh give over.

Do you think so? I think Forest have the base for an extended run in the Premier League. Of course they will go down at some point, but it’s going to require some ambitious clubs coming up from the Championship.

It seems Wolves’ cycle is coming to an end and it wouldn’t surprise me if Palace struggle too without Zaha and Olise.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not buying it brys.

3-5 years in the prem is the outside best case for forest. The club's natural size won't be sufficient and I have doubts about the long term abilities of their owner.

Scrapped it last season doesn't mean set for success. Although you are right there's some weakening of others that may help them.

I wouldn’t say Brighton or Palace have more potential than Forest. They are both more established right now, but that could change.

A couple of things Forest have in their favor over some others is they have a settled manager, and they have a recruitment team who are looking for better value for money players from abroad.

Recruitment is everything in football. Forest last season were hit and miss, but the hits ultimately kept them up. Now they can focus on removing the misses and replacing with more potential hits.

13 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Oh give over.

but it’s still wishful thinking even if that’s the case they can still financially dominate the championship because parachute payments

to think about being level with them we really needed to be in the same league as them this season

they have just brought a backup keeper that will cost more than anything we are likely to spend in the next 5 years combined we are worlds apart from competing at the minute 

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not buying it brys.

3-5 years in the prem is the outside best case for forest. The club's natural size won't be sufficient and I have doubts about the long term abilities of their owner.

Scrapped it last season doesn't mean set for success. Although you are right there's some weakening of others that may help them.

there are much smaller clubs than Forest and even us that have had longer sustained spells in the Premier league

the worry is the Prem is so weak next season they can likely stay up even if they are crap and they are half way to become established at that point

Edited by alram