Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wise. Use the money for a long term fix they won't possibly won't get again .  The parachute to remain competitive on relegation.

Yeh its good to see a club actually investing in the future for once without heavily indebting themselves in the future. Maybe they never get promoted again, but at least they'll have a brand new, increased capacity stadium

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Yeh its good to see a club actually investing in the future for once without heavily indebting themselves in the future. Maybe they never get promoted again, but at least they'll have a brand new, increased capacity stadium

And a shiny new 10pt record they can be proud of.

Its a sensible move, but it’s almost putting the competition into disrepute. They’ve essentially already accepted relegation. So they’ll have no motivation at all. Might as well just give every other team (except forest) 6pts and let them sit this one out. 

12 hours ago, GenBr said:

Dunno if it got planning permission yet, but they want to build an entirely new stadium, which i guess is where a lot of their prem money will go

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2023/05/30/luton-town-fc-to-start-new-stadium-befor

I expect a lot of their premiership money to find its way the bank accounts in Greece as it’s untainted 

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

And a shiny new 10pt record they can be proud of.

Its a sensible move, but it’s almost putting the competition into disrepute. They’ve essentially already accepted relegation. So they’ll have no motivation at all. Might as well just give every other team (except forest) 6pts and let them sit this one out. 

I think they'd struggle even if they spent all the money on new players. With the squad they already have i dont think theyd be competitive either way. May as well spend it on a new stadium and try again in the championship

if you get fluke promotions like luton have and forest did (maybe even sheffield united?) then i think you either have to gamble all in or just pocket the money. looks like the two up this year will just pocket the money and forest gambled but it paid off. 

there is not much point doing something in the middle like huddersfield did and sheffield united did last time they were up, if you do that it leaves you in limbo land of still going down with not a great squad but also not having infastructure to invest in. 

in an ideal world you pocket the money and stay up like burnley did, its possible but very very unlikely on paper. the difference between the leagues really is massive and getting bigger every year. most of the bottom half last year spent £100m +

Edited by alram

13 minutes ago, alram said:

if you get fluke promotions like luton have and forest did (maybe even sheffield united?) then i think you either have to gamble all in or just pocket the money. looks like the two up this year will just pocket the money and forest gambled but it paid off. 

there is not much point doing something in the middle like huddersfield did and sheffield united did last time they were up, if you do that it leaves you in limbo land of still going down with not a great squad but also not having infastructure to invest in. 

in an ideal world you pocket the money and stay up like burnley did, its possible but very very unlikely on paper. the difference between the leagues really is massive and getting bigger every year. most of the bottom half last year spent £100m +

How do you fluke a promotion?

Genuine question. If you finish in the top 6--or in the case of Sheff Utd top 2--you genuinely deserve to go up.

I'm assuming you also feel we flaked staying up?

The negativity on here astounds me sometimes.. Why not just have some grace and say that Cooper did an unbelievable job getting us up and an even bigger challenge in keeping us there. 

See this was all a plan by @David to bring some noise to a quiet thread 😂

Truthfully though, even the most bias of Rams know Forest are somewhat irrelevant to us next year, unless we draw them in the cup.

@Red_Dawn no doubt you want to try and stir an occasional response and we will no doubt comment back on any struggles in your 2nd season but really, do we really care what you’re up to right now? Don’t you have a Forest forum to frequent?

17 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

See this was all a plan by @David to bring some noise to a quiet thread 😂

Truthfully though, even the most bias of Rams know Forest are somewhat irrelevant to us next year, unless we draw them in the cup.

@Red_Dawn no doubt you want to try and stir an occasional response and we will no doubt comment back on any struggles in your 2nd season but really, do we really care what you’re up to right now? Don’t you have a Forest forum to frequent?

Searching No One Cares GIF by Travis

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Genuine question. If you finish in the top 6--or in the case of Sheff Utd top 2--you genuinely deserve to go up.

The negativity on here astounds me sometimes.. Why not just have some grace and say that Cooper did an unbelievable job getting us up and an even bigger challenge in keeping us there. 

maybe "fluke" was the wrong word, i am not saying any of them didnt deserve to go up.

but achieve promotion unexpectadly against the odds so you are not prepared, going up with a squad not really expected to compete at prem level.

that is why forest brought 30 odd players because the squad that went up wasnt good enough to stay up and the gap is too big between the divisions so you almost have to gamble with the future of the club to stand a chance, and full credit to cooper you are right he has done a job most of us dream about 

Edited by alram

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Cooper did do an amazing job. He took a crappy team with crappy players, destined for relegation, and got them promoted. Then he took a crappy team with crappy players, destined for relegation and got them to stay up with games to spare. All of which doesn’t change the fact that they’re a crappy team with crappy players, the flukey part is that you managed to find yourself a very good manager. 

47 minutes ago, alram said:

maybe "fluke" was the wrong word, i am not saying any of them didnt deserve to go up.

but achieve promotion unexpectadly against the odds so you are not prepared, going up with a squad not really expected to compete at prem level.

that is why forest brought 30 odd players because the squad that went up wasnt good enough to stay up and the gap is too big between the divisions so you almost have to gamble with the future of the club to stand a chance, and full credit to cooper you are right he has done a job most of us dream about 

The fortunate bit was the premier league having one of its "one in 10" seasons where many of the top clubs just have a collective brain fart.

Last happened in 2016 and Leicester snuck the title.

Cooper was able to target, and collect, unexpected points whilst rivals panicked.

None of that was predictable at the start of the season.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The fortunate bit was the premier league having one of its "one in 10" seasons where many of the top clubs just have a collective brain fart.

Last happened in 2016 and Leicester snuck the title.

Cooper was able to target, and collect, unexpected points whilst rivals panicked.

None of that was predictable at the start of the season.

i dont really agree with that i think its been the strongest premier league its been for a long time. look at the teams that went down, they had quality players and spent a lot of money. 

chelsea and liverpool were the underachievers but the overall strength of the league probably contributed to that

25 minutes ago, alram said:

i dont really agree with that i think its been the strongest premier league its been for a long time. look at the teams that went down, they had quality players and spent a lot of money. 

chelsea and liverpool were the underachievers but the overall strength of the league probably contributed to that

Hmm. Let's see....

Most managers sacked in a season.

First season with a mid-season international tournament.

Previously stable clubs such as Liverpool, Leicester badly underperforming.

Other clubs such as manure, Brighton in transition.

All contribute to an untypically chaotic season, where there would be opportunities for a canny manager such as Cooper to pick up unexpected points.