Suggestions to Save Derby County

Curtains

I'm not an expert on this by any means but even if you can divorce this from day to day council spending and it's in the form of a loan from the central government, the money still needs to be sufficient to pay back the loan and maintain the premises. I would imagine it's definitely doable (although they couldn't make the numbers work last time they were thinking about it).  

Having had a very quick look at the accounts the council only have 13 million sitting in reserves and are planning on making 18.7 million in savings over the next 2 fiscal years. The entire leisure and culture budget is 13.4 million for the next fiscal year which pride park's asking price would break. Unless the council can convince the central government that pride park is a community asset and get a loan or they pay it off at a rate of a million or so a year via rent offered by a PB with some kind of revenue sharing arrangement then I'm struggling to see how they'll finance this. I'm not an accountant or anything but I'm struggling to see how they do this without central government help and I'm struggling to see how this would be attractive to a PB. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm not an expert on this by any means but even if you can divorce this from day to day council spending and it's in the form of a loan from the central government, the money still needs to be sufficient to pay back the loan and maintain the premises. I would imagine it's definitely doable (although they couldn't make the numbers work last time they were thinking about it).  

Having had a very quick look at the accounts the council only have 13 million sitting in reserves and are planning on making 18.7 million in savings over the next 2 fiscal years. The entire leisure and culture budget is 13.4 million for the next fiscal year which pride park's asking price would break. Unless the council can convince the central government that pride park is a community asset and get a loan or they pay it off at a rate of a million or so a year via rent offered by a PB with some kind of revenue sharing arrangement then I'm struggling to see how they'll finance this. I'm not an accountant or anything but I'm struggling to see how they do this without central government help and I'm struggling to see how this would be attractive to a PB. 

So if you think of it this way .

I think MM should do the right thing if he possibly can and sell the Stadium to the Council at a preferential rate agreeable to both parties.  
Now if a PB won’t stump up the money of 50 Million for DCFC with the Stadium inclusion then they might like the option of buying the club without the Stadium at a reasonable rate determined by what the creditors will accept and the EFL will sanction to allow Derby to move on. 
The ground could be leased back to Derby ie PB at a reasonable rate until the club revives and then the option of a buy back would be desirable.

Councils borrow all the time and DCFC is a good cause for the City .

Now think of this as the Council saving DCFC short term .

The MSD loan is not good and neither is HMRC loan .

I can’t believe I ever stuck up for Mel but then I think of Covid and what it did to DCFC as well as EFL actions along with Boro and Wycombe.

The whole thing is an unholy mess and the administrators have struggled to see a wat through after initial optimism.

Unless some rich donor comes along the future looks bleak without PP sale determination 

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Not many people can say they have both parents at 95. That’s amazing. 

Can you ask them for the special recipe please ? 

They were country people,dad was a farmer till md 50's when we moved to Derby, so good healthy living could be the recipe. Hope theve passed it onto me.?

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So if you think of it this way .

I think MM should do the right thing if he possibly can and sell the Stadium to the Council at a preferential rate agreeable to both parties.  
Now if a PB won’t stump up the money of 50 Million for DCFC with the Stadium inclusion then they might like the option of buying the club without the Stadium at a reasonable rate determined by what the creditors will accept and the EFL will sanction to allow Derby to move on. 
The ground could be leased back to Derby ie PB at a reasonable rate until the club revives and then the option of a buy back would be desirable.

Councils borrow all the time and DCFC is a good cause for the City .

Now think of this as the Council saving DCFC short term .

The MSD loan is not good and neither is HMRC loan .

I can’t believe I ever stuck up for Mel but then I think of Covid and what it did to DCFC as well as EFL actions along with Boro and Wycombe.

The whole thing is an unholy mess and the administrators have struggled to see a wat through after initial optimism.

Unless some rich donor comes along the future looks bleak without PP sale determination 

Hasn't any PB wanted control of the stadium?  I believe as has been mentioned in another thread, the council could only borrow for this expenditure if it was deemed a community asset? I just think from a quick glance the council buying the stadium is going to be difficult to make it work with the numbers and the PB unless it is deemed a community asset. I really hope it is deemed one as it's getting difficult to see another avenue out of this mess atm. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Hasn't any PB wanted control of the stadium?  I believe as has been mentioned in another thread, the council could only borrow for this expenditure if it was deemed a community asset? I just think from a quick glance the council buying the stadium is going to be difficult to make it work with the numbers and the PB unless it is deemed a community asset. I really hope it is deemed one as it's getting difficult to see another avenue out of this mess atm. 

I actually think it’s the only way out and we will just have to wait and see .

I find it remarkable that fans are not more worried at this point or maybe are just resigned to our fate .

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-news-stadium-6903431

Councils own words 

"Our ambitious Capital Investment Programme over the next three years builds on the significant investments we’ve made in recent years. "Our programme balances regeneration and economic proposals, alongside investment for our citizens.”

Edited by Curtains

I don't understand why the Binnies apparent offer of £30m without the stadium was rejected!

Does it mean larger offers were on the table?

I don't understand why the administrators requested bids, and then failed to select one of the bidders.

I don't understand how the ownership of the stadium (Mel or the council) affects how much is bid for the club.

4 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I don't understand why the Binnies apparent offer of £30m without the stadium was rejected!

I don't understand why the administrators requested bids, and then failed to select one of the bidders.

I don't understand how the ownership of the stadium (Mel or the council) affects how much is bid for the club.

It was 27m I think?

10 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

You don't what the structure of the Binnies bid was it could have had all sorts of weird dependencies. 

And your last point thought that was pretty transparent- if that's the only real tangible asset the buyers are getting for their money then absolutely it affects how much they would want to bid for the club 

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You don't what the structure of the Binnies bid was it could have had all sorts of weird dependencies. 

And your last point thought that was pretty transparent- if that's the only real tangible asset the buyers are getting for their money then absolutely it affects how much they would want to bid for the club 

I meant ... I don't understand how it will affect the bidders whether the stadium is owned by Mel or owned by the council. (I understand why a bidder would want to own the stadium.)

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

I meant ... I don't understand how it will affect the bidders whether the stadium is owned by Mel or owned by the council. (I understand why a bidder would want to own the stadium.)

Sorry yes I agree, I think whether the stadium is owned by Morris or the council is a moot point as either way the buyer won't be getting it as part of their deal. 

Compulsory Purchase for Communities – compulsory purchase powers may be used by a local authority where a voluntary or community organisation wishes to bring a privately owned property asset into community use.

https://mycommunity.org.uk/community-right-to-bid-step-2-identifying-assets-of-community-value#:~:text=Compulsory Purchase for Communities – compulsory,property asset into community use.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Sorry yes I agree, I think whether the stadium is owned by Morris or the council is a moot point as either way the buyer won't be getting it as part of their deal. 

Therefore the buyer is only buying into vapourware with the promise of Premier League riches at some point in the future. There is no business case.

This idea came to me a few weeks back, when I noticed 3 out of 5 cars in a line in the main car park were AMG G-Wagens, retail value of £150000 each, alongside various other exotica including multiple Tesla's and other high end motors.

Make valet parking compulsory for the last game against Cardiff, then get Charles Hanson to run a flash auction in the car park 5 minutes after kick off.

We'd easily pull in a few million quid before half time, and shameless Steven could deny all knowledge of events, he's good at that!