Derby County 1 - 0 Them lot from down the road

IslandExile

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

They only had ten women! 

(Well, for most of the second half, anyway. Cracking save.) 

I think that's what they call taking one for the team.  It's especially effective when the resulting penalty soars over the bar!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

?

8 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

What was the atmosphere like?

Good, very supportive. Mostly kids, and families. The Punjabi Rams drummer was there for a bit of atmosphere. Audrina helped Jamie recite We are Derby on the pitch beforehand.

Didn't like that Forest fans weren't segregated, some of them really are dicks.

Derby clearly better footballing side but the sending off evened that up.

Me and the wife were sat just along from Audrina and quite close to the drummer. 

I could have quite happily have put that drum over his head in the 2nd half as he just stood banging out random "tunes" on it.

The team were easily the better side and should have been at least 3 up in the first half and had some good chances late in the 2nd half. 

19 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Me and the wife were sat just along from Audrina and quite close to the drummer. 

I could have quite happily have put that drum over his head in the 2nd half as he just stood banging out random "tunes" on it.

The team were easily the better side and should have been at least 3 up in the first half and had some good chances late in the 2nd half. 

I quite like him, he's much more rhythmic than our usual drummer. 

Don't think the fans knew what to sing, which was a bit discouraging.

16 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think that's what they call taking one for the team.  It's especially effective when the resulting penalty soars over the bar!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

?

My son pointed out that with 3 games remaining, the straight red means her season is over. I said well, that's us down to ten at 1-1. he said Uruguay did it in the world cup and the penalty was missed and they went on to win the game ( 9 year old stato ? ). Then the forest girl hit it over the bar and the handball looked like a good move.

My daughter loves womens football so we didn't have a choice but to go. I quite enjoyed it. Good football, although Derby missed a couple of sitters.

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think that's one of the most positive reactions I've ever had from you @Eddie ?

It was just so imprecise. It made an assumption that the atmosphere was 'dry', whereas water vapour can account for up to 3% by volume (and 0.25% by mass). It also failed to mention that the stated ratio of Nitrogen to Oxygen only applied within the Troposphere.

?