Rams v Coventry Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

10 minutes ago, SBW said:

I think Rooney has moved to playing more of the lads who he is hoping will be around next season, hence Knight, Stearman, Ebosele and Plange on the bench and and giving Thompson, Cashin the opportunities to get more experience.  It's the logical thing to do in my opinion.  

But he's also saying that he knew what was coming second half at Blackburn and we lacked physicality - we have Stearman and Bielik sat on the bench.  Stearman is probably the most in your face, physical defender on the books .  You can't moan about young players and the physicality holding sway when you do actually have an option to give it back. 

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

But he's also saying that he knew what was coming second half at Blackburn and we lacked physicality - we have Stearman and Bielik sat on the bench.  Stearman is probably the most in your face, physical defender on the books .  You can't moan about young players and the physicality holding sway when you do actually have an option to give it back. 

I disagree that Stearman is physical, i've seen him be bullied quite a bit, he's about 10stone wet through.  

The point I am making is, Rooney I think is looking to next season and preparing what he might have then, rather than those who won't be around.  

6 minutes ago, SBW said:

I disagree that Stearman is physical, i've seen him be bullied quite a bit, he's about 10stone wet through.  

The point I am making is, Rooney I think is looking to next season and preparing what he might have then, rather than those who won't be around.  

We can still stay up in theory, particularly if you can go 2 points behind, you have to play to win not worry about game time.  It was poor game management.

7 minutes ago, SBW said:

Has he given up the fight to stay up then? Surely regardless you have to play your best team…