The Ukraine War

Day

12 hours ago, ramit said:

The American empire must be the only strong player in the world.  A robust Russia cannot be allowed to exist.  This is the thought within the Russian power structure and so figures like Nadezhdin are seen as a direct threat to the existence of Russia, as an agent of the American empire.  There can be no peaceful coexistence with the folks running the west is the grim prevailing mentality in Russia today.

It cannot be denied that the American power structure doesn't want anyone hearing both sides of any matter they are intimately involved with, to understand the opposition, folks must only hear one side of the story. 

An American journalist is in Russia and has interviewed Vladimir Putin.  Before that interview is even aired there is loud talk of that journalist being a traitor to his country for daring to speak to that vilified man.  That kind of reaction reeks of fear of what might come out in that interview.

Well, the interview is up on X now and I don't think anything has "come out" that wasn't already known from previous statements from the Kremlin and its pet journalists (ie: the strictly uncritical ones). But then did you really expect a Paxman-like grilling from a man who has referred to the Ukrainian president in the past as "a Ukrainian Pimp" and who has repeatedly criticised Ukraine whilst blithely repeating Kremlin propaganda?

Anyhow, it's good to know that if the UK ever decided to take back Ireland, half of France (I could go on) and liberate the "oppressed" English-speaking citizens of the Costa del Sol (for example), we'd have Putin's full support and the tacit support of the BRICS countries too.......

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Well, the interview is up on X now and I don't think anything has "come out" that wasn't already known from previous statements from the Kremlin and its pet journalists (ie: the strictly uncritical ones). But then did you really expect a Paxman-like grilling from a man who has referred to the Ukrainian president in the past as "a Ukrainian Pimp" and who has repeatedly criticised Ukraine whilst blithely repeating Kremlin propaganda?

Just someones perspective on the interview🤷‍♂️

Putin interview 'failed miserably' and was 'too boring'

Speaking to Sky News this morning, Kremlin critic and anti-corruption campaigner Bill Browder said the interview was "a Putin idea".

He said the Russian leader was at an "important crossroads right now" as the US Congress is trying to decide whether to release $63bn for Ukraine.

"Putin thought he would try to tip the scales by getting involved in this thing with Tucker Carlson - I think it failed miserably," he said.

"I couldn't even watch the whole thing, it was too boring.

"It was a monologue by Putin with an occasional word by Tucker Carlson.

"Putin was going into weird history lessons and it was almost like a fever dream of Putin's.

"On a scale of 1-10 I think he accomplished a two in his objective of trying to influence US policy."

Mr Browder added he was "terrified" about where Ukraine will be after the next US election "because Donald Trump has said he will cut off funding for Ukraine".

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Anyhow, it's good to know that if the UK ever decided to take back Ireland, half of France (I could go on) and liberate the "oppressed" English-speaking citizens of the Costa del Sol (for example), we'd have Putin's full support and the tacit support of the BRICS countries too.......

Did you listen to the whole interview?  I found much of it fascinating and even if Tucker wasn't exactly a hostile interviewer, he did put forward some challenging questions, tricky even, to get Vladimir to name names and reveal what other leaders had told him in discussions.  One thing came out that I don't recall Vladimir saying directly before, that the president of the USA, be it Biden or any of his predecessors is not really in charge of the big issues of foreign policy.  Who are making those decisions then, Tucker inquired, you must ask your people that was the answer, to me it is a mystery.  You have to admit, Vladimir has a wicked sense of humor.

I had not realized that English speaking inhabitants of Ireland are being oppressed by a mob of the Irish speaking minority, but live and learn.  The French however I can believe all kinds of crazy stories about, I suspect they are allies to UK in name only and must never be trusted.

24 minutes ago, ramit said:

Did you listen to the whole interview?  I found much of it fascinating and even if Tucker wasn't exactly a hostile interviewer, he did put forward some challenging questions, tricky even, to get Vladimir to name names and reveal what other leaders had told him in discussions.  One thing came out that I don't recall Vladimir saying directly before, that the president of the USA, be it Biden or any of his predecessors is not really in charge of the big issues of foreign policy.  Who are making those decisions then, Tucker inquired, you must ask your people that was the answer, to me it is a mystery.  You have to admit, Vladimir has a wicked sense of humor.

I had not realized that English speaking inhabitants of Ireland are being oppressed by a mob of the Irish speaking minority, but live and learn.  The French however I can believe all kinds of crazy stories about, I suspect they are allies to UK in name only and must never be trusted.

"Vladimir"?

"Wicked sense of humour"?

I bet he makes the trains run on time too!

Of course, everything he says is true, otherwise surely "Tucker" would have challenged him on some of it, wouldn't he?

Chimp head gif.gif

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

"Vladimir"?

"Wicked sense of humour"?

I bet he makes the trains run on time too!

Of course, everything he says is true, otherwise surely "Tucker" would have challenged him on some of it, wouldn't he?

Chimp head gif.gif

We speak of Tucker, so why not Vladimir?

Alright, subtle humour then and granted not all are capable of grasping instances of it.

Perhaps Vladimir strayed from the truth in some segment of the interview, can you help me spot at what point he lied?

What's with the chimp?

Edited by ramit
Wording

45 minutes ago, ramit said:

We speak of Tucker, so why not Vladimir?

Alright, subtle humour then and granted not all are capable of grasping instances of it.

Perhaps Vladimir strayed from the truth in some segment of the interview, can you help me spot at what point he lied?

What's with the chimp?

It's a mark of familiarity that I personally think is inappropriate for a warmonger. Neither would I call Carlsson "Tucker", for similar but not identical reasons. I think it's an odd way to refer to politicians anyway, regardless of their status or perceived fame or infamy.

Alf got the meaning of the chimp spot on, although it could equally apply to anyone who doesn't need much encouragement to go gooey-eyed over a mass murderer.

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's a mark of familiarity that I personally think is inappropriate for a warmonger. Neither would I call Carlsson "Tucker", for similar but not identical reasons. I think it's an odd way to refer to politicians anyway, regardless of their status or perceived fame or infamy.

Alf got the meaning of the chimp spot on, although it could equally apply to anyone who doesn't need much encouragement to go gooey-eyed over a mass murderer.

The first name thing is always a bit cringeworthy. To me, it always suggests a lack of critical thinking; an acceptance of the person without question. See also 'Elon' and 'Boris'.

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The first name thing is always a bit cringeworthy. To me, it always suggests a lack of critical thinking; an acceptance of the person without question. See also 'Elon' and 'Boris'.

It's lucky were not in the 1500s as this would appear treasonous and the loss of ones head, Why did a turd like Carlson do an interview with a nut job, Popularity and money that's what, I've not seen the interview nor wish to...but...there'll be secret services and the like scrutinising Vlads every word, And of course what a bit of Proper Ganda for Moscow  

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

This could be called a cultural clash.  Boris is okay because he is English and therefor familiar, ok, got it.  Here in Iceland we refer to everyone by their first names, it is a habit that I choose to transfer to English as well.

Ah, so you are inferring that I am also a chimp, I see, charming.  Shall I now refer to you as a gullible tool of the American empire?  No, that would be hostile and we are all fellow sheep here, heh.

I asked you some questions you have not answered.  Did you watch the entire interview, or are you simply commenting based on previous ingrained views you have had of Vladimir?  At what point in the interview did Vladimir lie?  I understand if the answer does not arrive until a couple of hours from now, I will be patient.

6 minutes ago, ramit said:

This could be called a cultural clash.  Boris is okay because he is English and therefor familiar, ok, got it.  Here in Iceland we refer to everyone by their first names, it is a habit that I choose to transfer to English as well.

Ah, so you are inferring that I am also a chimp, I see, charming.  Shall I now refer to you as a gullible tool of the American empire?  No, that would be hostile and we are all fellow sheep here, heh.

I asked you some questions you have not answered.  Did you watch the entire interview, or are you simply commenting based on previous ingrained views you have had of Vladimir?  At what point in the interview did Vladimir lie?  I understand if the answer does not arrive until a couple of hours from now, I will be patient.

I'm not going to do an entire critique for you, but as an example he peddled the now well-worn lie about Johnson (I've never called him Boris because I think he's a tw@) telling Zelinskiy (see what I did there) not to sign the peace deal, when it was the Russian seperatists continual breach of the terms of that deal (with Moscow's approval) that made Zelinskiy realise that a peace deal would not put an end to Putin's plans.

As for Icelandic traditions, I note that you have never referred to Zelinskiy by his first name, but would be happy to retract that statement if you can show me that you usually have.

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

I'm not going to do an entire critique for you, but as an example he peddled the now well-worn lie about Johnson (I've never called him Boris because I think he's a tw@) telling Zelinskiy (see what I did there) not to sign the peace deal, when it was the Russian seperatists continual breach of the terms of that deal (with Moscow's approval) that made Zelinskiy realise that a peace deal would not put an end to Putin's plans.

As for Icelandic traditions, I note that you have never referred to Zelinskiy by his first name, but would be happy to retract that statement if you can show me that you usually have.

Thank you for that example.  Neither side can or is willing at this point in time to prove the reason for peace talks breaking down back then, so we can leave it at that.

You've got me there, when it comes to Zelenskyy I like to call him by his surname as a tease, because he banned the letter Z.  Also Volodymyr is such an ugly name.  I reserve the right to call people anything I like and to break my rule at my convenience, but generally I choose the first name.

For anyone that pays attention to what Putin has said in the past there was nothing much new here, same old misinterpretation of history, as always. But what do you expect from a Dugin disciple.

The only new stuff of note was:

- As @Crewton mentioned, he invited Hungary and surrounding countries to take parts of Ukraine that they would like/deem to be theirs. He obviously didn’t mention giving Kalliningrad back to Germany (wonder why?)

- Ukraine is a fake country and Ukrainians are Russians in denial

- Maidan was a fake revolution and the reality was the CIA overthrew the Ukrainian government.

- Clinton and Bush said Russia could join NATO but the CIA vetoed it. He glossed over the obvious reasons why Russia could never be accepted in its current form.

- Seemed a big fan of Bush, a fellow imperialist who’s caused chaos in the Middle East. 

- He said the retreat from Kyiv was a gesture of goodwill not them getting beaten back.

- Not sure why western governments think he’s a nuclear threat. Obviously not aware of members of his own regime threatening to nuke anyone they dislike

- he took the pee out of Carlson for being rejected by the CIA when he was young.

- He’s afraid of genetically enhanced superhumans

Thats about it really off the top of my head.

Obviously there was lots of Nazi references, plenty of we the good guys,  etc. but that’s standard fare with him for those that pay attention.

Shame he wasn’t asked about all those kids he’s kidnapped. 

The one thing I’ll credit Carlson with was asking about Evan Gershkovich. Putin fobbed him off with a non answer and changed the subject

Looking at the bigger picture this interview was aimed at shoring up republican support in the house as the battle to pass the Ukrainian funding bill intensifies and it’s a tactical move ahead of the Russian election

Ukraine is currently suffering from ammo shortage, which they were able to manage until this week. In the last few days Russia’s huge meat wave attacks have made some small gains in key areas of Avdiivka. Threatening Ukraines supply lines into the town. 

Putin will do anything he can to stop Ukraine getting aid/supplies, this interview falls under that. If he can get the republican house onside and deliver a “victory” in Avdiivka ahead of the election then he’s in a good position 

Whether Carlson is a useful idiot or a corrupt asset I’m unsure of at present.

Edited by Ramarena
Forgot Carlson

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

Putin's been keeping a close eye on Gaza and the Middle-East, don't you worry about that. That conflict suits his purposes just fine, not least because the US has more than Ukraine on its plate now and his useful idiots in the US are doing exactly what he wanted them to do.

I'm not sure that the weight of US military power is being deployed in Gaza in remotely the same scale as Russian troops in Ukraine and the free lunch weaponry will come at a price, it always has done. It'll be a case of, we'll support the war effort but... And in the Middle East, all of the heavy lifting is being done by the IDF. I think relatively speaking, the US are sitting pretty right now. I'm not sure Putin could say the same. 

12 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I'm not sure that the weight of US military power is being deployed in Gaza in remotely the same scale as Russian troops in Ukraine and the free lunch weaponry will come at a price, it always has done. It'll be a case of, we'll support the war effort but... And in the Middle East, all of the heavy lifting is being done by the IDF. I think relatively speaking, the US are sitting pretty right now. I'm not sure Putin could say the same. 

I meant more that it's diverted US attention away from Ukraine somewhat and prompted Trump followers in particular to call more urgently for withdrawal of support from Ukraine, not so much that it's splitting US military resources. The more mayhem elsewhere, the weaker support for and focus on Ukraine becomes.

9 hours ago, Alph said:

If the UK decided to take back half of France and Ireland I think I'd be fine with it. 

Why not go further back and recreate the Angevin empire - then the news will be in french and cities in France can co-host Chazza and Camilla.

Oh and we could lob in the odd crusade as well - just for old times sake. Sending all the rowdy youth to a sunspot to nick stuff...... it's only rerouting the lads from the balearics and Greek islands.....