Jordan Brown - Signed for Leyton Orient

Bubbles

The fact that none of these players bar Riis Jakobsen are playing above League One level suggests Derby were right to let them go. Jordan Brown is probably another example similar to the names posted - he's into his early 20s and if he was Championship level he would probably have broken through by now in the way players like Bird, Knight, Thompson and Ebosele have. So the right thing for both parties is to let the player move on and hopefully have a good career at a slightly lower level.

2 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

The fact that none of these players bar Riis Jakobsen are playing above League One level suggests Derby were right to let them go. Jordan Brown is probably another example similar to the names posted - he's into his early 20s and if he was Championship level he would probably have broken through by now in the way players like Bird, Knight, Thompson and Ebosele have. So the right thing for both parties is to let the player move on and hopefully have a good career at a slightly lower level.

That wasn't the argument being made.
What he previous poster said was "Clear message here, even if you don’t make it with Derby, we are now starting to see our youngsters have good professional careers blossom elsewhere".

My argument against your point is that they didn't get an opportunity in the first team. Getting first team experience at a young age is vital. The longer they're sitting around in the U23s the worse off they are as it's lost development time. Lowe and Hanson both performed quite well (when played in their preferred positions). But, they were then dropped for the high earner once they returned from injury because it was the easy thing to do. Lowe came into the side in 16/17, including a MotM performance against Wolves. It wasn't until 18/19 that he then got a good run in a professional side (loan at Aberdeen) and 19/20 when he got a run in our side. Hanson was a decent squad player in 15/16, only to then be cut out of the squad altogether. 

34 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That wasn't the argument being made.
What he previous poster said was "Clear message here, even if you don’t make it with Derby, we are now starting to see our youngsters have good professional careers blossom elsewhere".

My argument against your point is that they didn't get an opportunity in the first team. Getting first team experience at a young age is vital. The longer they're sitting around in the U23s the worse off they are as it's lost development time. Lowe and Hanson both performed quite well (when played in their preferred positions). But, they were then dropped for the high earner once they returned from injury because it was the easy thing to do. Lowe came into the side in 16/17, including a MotM performance against Wolves. It wasn't until 18/19 that he then got a good run in a professional side (loan at Aberdeen) and 19/20 when he got a run in our side. Hanson was a decent squad player in 15/16, only to then be cut out of the squad altogether. 

Do you feel any of the players listed now playing in the lower leagues could have become regular first team players at Derby in the Championship?

6 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

Do you feel any of the players listed now playing in the lower leagues could have become regular first team players at Derby in the Championship?

McDonald, Rawson, Hanson, Guy, Zanzala and Vernam all could have been at least squad players, offering much better value than Warnock/Olsson, Pearce/Shackell, Butterfield, Johnson, Camara, Anya, Blackman, etc...
I'd add Elsnik to that group too.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

McDonald, Rawson, Hanson, Guy, Zanzala and Vernam all could have been at least squad players, offering much better value than Warnock/Olsson, Pearce/Shackell, Butterfield, Johnson, Camara, Anya, Blackman, etc...

I wholeheartedly agree. I think we suffered financially because we over bought “senior” players when we had ample youngsters who could have been third or fourth choice in their position and probably done a job at least 

Rowett was the worst- we had over 30 senior players under him, it was outrageous. Such a ridiculous lack of trust in the academy 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That’s another good point, though I thought Johnson was a good signing, just over valued. Whilst the current crop need some help, it’s great there’s a clear pathway being demonstrated to either our first team squad or now we are finding them careers elsewhere; that’s not always been the case for many years, until the academy kicked in.