Jamie Vincent RIP

admira

Former Swindon Town defender Jamie Vincent has died aged 46, according to the League Two club.

The left-back had an 18-year career during which he played more than 500 games for AFC Bournemouth, Huddersfield Town, Portsmouth, Derby County, Millwall, Walsall and Aldershot Town.

He helped Swindon win promotion to League One in 2007.

"Our thoughts go out to all of Jamie's family and friends at this incredibly sad time," the Robins said.

Vincent began his career at Crystal Palace before moving to Bournemouth in 1996 where he played 133 times and was a team-mate of Newcastle manager Eddie Howe and his assistant Jason Tindall.

He was named in the PFA Division Two Team of the Season for 1998-99 as the Cherries finished outside of the play-off places on goal difference.

A £500,000 move to second-tier Huddersfield came in March 1999 before a reported £800,000 transfer to Portsmouth two years later.

Vincent played in all three tiers of the English Football League ending his professional career with Aldershot in 2011.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Very sad. Always liked him.

Didn't he score a really good free kick goal for us?. I've failed to find a video of it.

RIP. Too young.

His free kick sprang to my mind too, but I've also failed to find any footage.

46 is no age.