Playing with People's lives

Vienna

I know that we shouldn't care so much, but genuinely believe that the EFL, Steve Gibson et al. may well be playing with people's lives now. Unlike many I don't blame either for the mess than DCFC are in - that's down solely to Mel Morris BUT the aforementioned will I fear, by their actions cause severe problems to many, even to the point of the worst conceivable outcome.

Yes its only football but to many thousands its their life.

To those that harbour such feelings seek help and support from those you trust.

To those of you who have it within your gift to prevent real human suffering, (if any of you are reading this, which you won't be!!) think about the consequences of your greed and act accordingly!!

1 minute ago, Vienna said:

I know that we shouldn't care so much, but genuinely believe that the EFL, Steve Gibson et al. may well be playing with people's lives now. Unlike many I don't blame either for the mess than DCFC are in - that's down solely to Mel Morris BUT the aforementioned will I fear, by their actions cause severe problems to many, even to the point of the worst conceivable outcome.

Yes its only football but to many thousands its their life.

To those that harbour such feelings seek help and support from those you trust.

To those of you who have it within your gift to prevent real human suffering, (if any of you are reading this, which you won't be!!) think about the consequences of your greed and act accordingly!!

That is a worry.  I know at at least 3 people who fit into that category.  Including a 14 yr old who suffers with horrific Asperger's and is constantly under counselling .  This clubs his only real outlet and keeps him on a straight line.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m sure some people think it’s as simple as ‘oh you’ll find something else to do on a Saturday’ or ‘you’ll find another club to follow’. They don’t get it, that DCFC quite literally keeps some people going, stops them from sinking into a real pit of isolation. 
How can Gibson et al say they don’t want Derby to liquidate, yet carry on with intent to facilitate that? It’s inhuman. 

9 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m sure some people think it’s as simple as ‘oh you’ll find something else to do on a Saturday’ or ‘you’ll find another club to follow’. They don’t get it, that DCFC quite literally keeps some people going, stops them from sinking into a real pit of isolation. 
How can Gibson et al say they don’t want Derby to liquidate, yet carry on with intent to facilitate that? It’s inhuman. 

I was talking to a Forest fan and a Sheff Utd fan at work they both said you couldn’t just dissolve you are too bigger Club to do that. I said from our side it certainly doesn’t feel that way it feels very real.

It is also a rollercoaster good news one minute only to have the rug pulled away the next.

I haven’t got a clue what else is happening in the world at the moment. There could be world war 3 going off and I wouldn’t know.

Ive purposely stayed off the forum & twitter because its just more bad news after more bad news. Its the youngsters leaving & team being pulled apart for nothing that gets me the most down. 

11 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I was talking to a Forest fan and a Sheff Utd fan at work they both said you couldn’t just dissolve you are too bigger Club to do that. I said from our side it certainly doesn’t feel that way it feels very real.

It is also a rollercoaster good news one minute only to have the rug pulled away the next.

I haven’t got a clue what else is happening in the world at the moment. There could be world war 3 going off and I wouldn’t know.

Ukraine is not looking to clever tbh, but i think that might be easier to sort out than the DCFC array of issues

• 1 month later...