F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Terrible optics and reenforces that 'Nando has totally screwed them over here.

But if Piastri does go elsewhere, what are Alpine's options? Mick Schumacher, or old faithful (Nico Hulkenberg)?

Perhaps back to Riccardo who is likely to lose his seat to Piastri? 

On 02/08/2022 at 13:10, RadioactiveWaste said:

In other F1 news,

Red bull had exploratory talks about bringing back Vettel when he left Ferrari. I can only imagine that going something like "Hey Seb, did you ever want to be Mark Webber?"

And the interest in just who is going to have piastri in their car continues with apparently talks going on with McLaren as well as alpine saying he's under their contract.

Seems McLaren are making a lot of not very subtle "yeah, Danny isn't going to be in the car next year" moves without actually saying "Danny's not going to be in the car, we can't afford to have him losing us the points each weekend"

Oh,and fans in Hungary wearing max Verstappen gear were burning Lewis Hamilton merch. Classy. Obviously Max has condemned it. He might not be my favourite driver (however undoubtedly talented he is) but yeah, it's not nice and he knows that.

But, given how ruinously expensive F1 merch is, surely a bit silly?

Not always...

As we left the French GP my lad wanted to buy a cap as a "souvenir". The stands were packing so i though we might get some discount, we asked and they said 10% of a 60EUR cap. I tried to confuse the young lad told him that must be EUR44.60 then, he smiled and said nice try, grabbed the credit card machine, it was a bit dusty and with sun in his eyes typed in the amount.. when he handed it over to me it said EUR 5.40. My lad wanted to look a bit more for bargains I told him we are off quick!

I am pretty sure they still make a profit on 5.40! Robbing barstewards

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

51 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Not always...

As we left the French GP my lad wanted to buy a cap as a "souvenir". The stands were packing so i though we might get some discount, we asked and they said 10% of a 60EUR cap. I tried to confuse the young lad told him that must be EUR44.60 then, he smiled and said nice try, grabbed the credit card machine, it was a bit dusty and with sun in his eyes typed in the amount.. when he handed it over to me it said EUR 5.40. My lad wanted to look a bit more for bargains I told him we are off quick!

I am pretty sure they still make a profit on 5.40! Robbing barstewards

Cost to manufacture: £0.64

Cost of F1 team logo: £27.25

Cost (retail): £65.00

(Figures for illustrative purposes)

You've done well my friend. And yes, someone still made a profit on it at €5.40

In "shock" news, McLaren have apparently told Danny Ric they intend to replace him with Oscar Piastri next season.

So, looking like a return to the team formally known as Renault or adventures new in indicar or some other series, unless he goes to Williams (but would he really want to be the new Latifi?)

• 3 weeks later...

As the Belgian grand Prix rapidly approaches, McLaren officially give give the honey Badger to the countryside alliance for culling.

Sad for Danny Ricciardo fans. Great for savage F1 meme fans.

But there are big questions still to be answered this weekend, like, how are Ferrari going to screw it up this time? How much of a shitstorm is 'Nando going to make on his way out of Alpine (we'll assume bridges are burnt, it's a case of just how many greandes he's going to lob at Ocon and Otmar til the end of the season)?

All this and more from the legendary Spa Francochamps circuit.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

At least the many penalties are set to make it an entertaining Verstappen easy win tomorrow.

Unless someon (Yuki?) does netflix a solid and punts him on the way past of course. That new gravel trap on the exit of turn one could come in handy. There's no way everyone's staying out of it on lap 1.

And how will Ferrari mange to ferrari it up this time?

Merc offically giving up on this season by the sounds of it.

49 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Wow this Red Bull is frighteningly quick.  

It's nuts. I thought it'd be an easy max win, but I was surprised about just how dominant that was.

Still, highly amusing end to the race for anyone who isn't a ferrari fan and most importantly, a point for Alex Albon!

Bad bad day for Mclaren as well. Keep this up and wee Oscar might just have a change of heart!

22 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I love Charles, and I want Ferrari to be better, but this latest is just so "things that can only happen to Ferrari"

It was recorded and watched it to the end to see what happened to Charles. When they called him in and he got  back in behind Alonso I thought typical Ferrari but then when I saw the penalty for speeding, I just couldn't believe it. They find saw many ways of messing up, it's impressive