F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Not really a surprise but a shame his presence will be lost after this season.

Sad in some ways, but it frees up a seat and let's be honest, he'd been phoning it in for a while and he knows he's not likely to get a shot at the title again.

Be interesting to see who AM get in, although the retention of the stroll spawn seems inevitable. Would like it to be one of the exciting prospects (NDV perhaps if piastri isn't available?) But I suspect they'll want an established name.

And how will Aston Martin shape up next season? Daddie stroll sure seems to be making a Mel Morris out of it.

Well done Georgie Boy! Fantastic pole!

Hilarious from Red Bull, Checo out in Q2 and Max having a mechanical issue (oh, i do hope that fails in the race and cheers up all his title rivals).

Sainz ahead of Leclerc giving Ferrari the option to find a new way to screw up what should be a golden opportunity for Charles to trim the chanpionship lead.

Bring on tomorrow (with some rain drops please).

Kinda gutted Goatifi didn't bring it in the session that mattered, but never mind.

Alpine team principal Otmar Szafnauer "Fernando said he had a proposal to continue driving with us next year, I told him to put it to Mike Krack, but fortunately he misunderstood me and had a constructive conversion with Mike Krack "

I know I'm childish but I'm not sure I'm ever going to not make a Mike Krack joke.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Alpine team principal Otmar Szafnauer "Fernando said he had a proposal to continue driving with us next year, I told him to put it to Mike Krack, but fortunately he misunderstood me and had a constructive conversion with Mike Krack "

I know I'm childish but I'm not sure I'm ever going to not make a Mike Krack joke.

Well bollox. I was going to post a funny picture, but there’s a server issue. 

Picture more from the simpsons holding a phone. You get the idea. Not half as funny without the image though. 

Edited by TigerTedd

In other F1 news,

Red bull had exploratory talks about bringing back Vettel when he left Ferrari. I can only imagine that going something like "Hey Seb, did you ever want to be Mark Webber?"

And the interest in just who is going to have piastri in their car continues with apparently talks going on with McLaren as well as alpine saying he's under their contract.

Seems McLaren are making a lot of not very subtle "yeah, Danny isn't going to be in the car next year" moves without actually saying "Danny's not going to be in the car, we can't afford to have him losing us the points each weekend"

Oh,and fans in Hungary wearing max Verstappen gear were burning Lewis Hamilton merch. Classy. Obviously Max has condemned it. He might not be my favourite driver (however undoubtedly talented he is) but yeah, it's not nice and he knows that.

But, given how ruinously expensive F1 merch is, surely a bit silly?

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In other F1 news,

Red bull had exploratory talks about bringing back Vettel when he left Ferrari. I can only imagine that going something like "Hey Seb, did you ever want to be Mark Webber?"

And the interest in just who is going to have piastri in their car continues with apparently talks going on with McLaren as well as alpine saying he's under their contract.

Seems McLaren are making a lot of not very subtle "yeah, Danny isn't going to be in the car next year" moves without actually saying "Danny's not going to be in the car, we can't afford to have him losing us the points each weekend"

Oh,and fans in Hungary wearing max Verstappen gear were burning Lewis Hamilton merch. Classy. Obviously Max has condemned it. He might not be my favourite driver (however undoubtedly talented he is) but yeah, it's not nice and he knows that.

But, given how ruinously expensive F1 merch is, surely a bit silly?

We’ll they had to buy it, Hamilton would’ve got his cut. If they chose to burn it after that, that’s their business. Seems a daft way to burn money though. They could’ve burned actual money,  it this way, they’re buying Hamilton another set of earrings in the process.