A Megastore question

TuffLuff

This isn’t anything important but nowhere else to put it really, and emailing the club seems more inane that asking here, but have they stopped selling face coverings in store? Lost mine over Christmas and can’t find them online now which is a mild inconvenience at most, but I’d still like to get one preferably without making a trip.

—————-

Might as well point out, mainly to stretch out this pointless thread, but the store has actually much improved in recent months!

23 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

I bought a face mask from the shop last week on line and it said, only a few remaining. I know that doesn't really help much. 

Ah well that makes sense. Hopefully they might get a few more. Thanks for the help!

44 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

This isn’t anything important but nowhere else to put it really, and emailing the club seems more inane that asking here, but have they stopped selling face coverings in store? Lost mine over Christmas and can’t find them online now which is a mild inconvenience at most, but I’d still like to get one preferably without making a trip.

—————-

Might as well point out, mainly to stretch out this pointless thread, but the store has actually much improved in recent months!

On eBay for £4 - looks quite cool. 

face mask.JPG

45 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

—————-

Not difficult when you're starting from a very low baseline.

I've always thought that there is a cracking little business there if only Derby County FC had a bit more imagination...I was having that conversation with a Rams Fan at the Brunswick pre-WBA and it's a potential gold mine in the right hands. Probably potential 100k customers world-wide just as a start...

37 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Ah well that makes sense. Hopefully they might get a few more. Thanks for the help!

You could go online and search one that can be your own personalised print. Etsy have lots rams stuff, eh a look there.

Edited by 66DegreesNorth

Lost my DCFC facemask somewhere in early December. Ordered another on online from the Megastore on Dec 15th. Cost was more than twice the 'face' value of £4.50 by the time P&P was added. Order was immediately acknowledged by Megastore by email. Another email from Megastore to my email address confirming it had been shipped giving a tracking number and to expect delivery Dec 17th.

Nothing happened.  Must be the Christmas mail delays. Fair enough. Began chasing it this week.  Tracking showed it is still with Hermes. Hermes say I need to contact the vendor. Fair enough. 

I reply to Megastore's email that said it had shipped and asked them to chase it.  Megastore replied to say they couldn't deal with me as the email I was using wasn't the same as the order. Err, it was as I was just replying to their email they'd sent to me!

So I reply to Megastore's original email that acknowledged the order and asked them to chase it.  Megastore again replied to say they couldn't deal with me as the email I was using wasn't the same as the order. Err, it was as again I was just replying to their email they'd sent to me!

Useless!  I'll give it another 48 hours...

RLJ

19 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Not difficult when you're starting from a very low baseline.

I've always thought that there is a cracking little business there if only Derby County FC had a bit more imagination...I was having that conversation with a Rams Fan at the Brunswick pre-WBA and it's a potential gold mine in the right hands. Probably potential 100k customers world-wide just as a start...

Yeah I think there’s a lot of opportunities they’ve missed out on in recent years under Morris to be honest, remember getting a bit of stick on here for suggesting so a few times. As I understand megastore, catering we’re all outsourced on bog standard contracts to companies providing a bog standard service. Which was ok, but it tends to mean you’ll be ripped off for a £4 bottle of carlsberg.

The example I’ve always said is that Derby/Derbyshire has a lot of good breweries but we’ve never looked to have a Derby County beer. Sheffield Wednesday and United each have a Thornbridge one, they sell it at a decent price at Hillsborough and fans actually go for a pre match pint there to drink, so you are getting fans to the stadium earlier (although Wednesday may not be the greatest example to use all things considered!) As a wider point, I think Derby have missed out on a few things in terms of being involved in the local business community but it’s maybe an debate for another time.

With the megastore, I ended up using it a few times in the first parts of the pandemic,  partly because ‘every little helps’ and whilst it wasn’t ‘poor’ it was rather limited which only got worse until just before Christmas this time. As I said yesterday, it has improved a bit now and they’ve got a few decent bits in and plenty of stock. Just no bloody masks.

But it’s a small reason I want to see Appleby get the club because he was someone (along with Rush and Vicars back then), that you used to see around Pride Park and walking round the megastore, ticket office etc, i think they probably have a bit more of a hands on approach to these things than what Morris had.

13 hours ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

Lost my DCFC facemask somewhere in early December. Ordered another on online from the Megastore on Dec 15th. Cost was more than twice the 'face' value of £4.50 by the time P&P was added. Order was immediately acknowledged by Megastore by email. Another email from Megastore to my email address confirming it had been shipped giving a tracking number and to expect delivery Dec 17th.

Nothing happened.  Must be the Christmas mail delays. Fair enough. Began chasing it this week.  Tracking showed it is still with Hermes. Hermes say I need to contact the vendor. Fair enough. 

I reply to Megastore's email that said it had shipped and asked them to chase it.  Megastore replied to say they couldn't deal with me as the email I was using wasn't the same as the order. Err, it was as I was just replying to their email they'd sent to me!

So I reply to Megastore's original email that acknowledged the order and asked them to chase it.  Megastore again replied to say they couldn't deal with me as the email I was using wasn't the same as the order. Err, it was as again I was just replying to their email they'd sent to me!

Useless!  I'll give it another 48 hours...

RLJ

I’m sure they’ll sort it out imminently. ?

19 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeah I think there’s a lot of opportunities they’ve missed out on in recent years under Morris to be honest, remember getting a bit of stick on here for suggesting so a few times. As I understand megastore, catering we’re all outsourced on bog standard contracts to companies providing a bog standard service. Which was ok, but it tends to mean you’ll be ripped off for a £4 bottle of carlsberg.

The example I’ve always said is that Derby/Derbyshire has a lot of good breweries but we’ve never looked to have a Derby County beer. Sheffield Wednesday and United each have a Thornbridge one, they sell it at a decent price at Hillsborough and fans actually go for a pre match pint there to drink, so you are getting fans to the stadium earlier (although Wednesday may not be the greatest example to use all things considered!) As a wider point, I think Derby have missed out on a few things in terms of being involved in the local business community but it’s maybe an debate for another time.

With the megastore, I ended up using it a few times in the first parts of the pandemic,  partly because ‘every little helps’ and whilst it wasn’t ‘poor’ it was rather limited which only got worse until just before Christmas this time. As I said yesterday, it has improved a bit now and they’ve got a few decent bits in and plenty of stock. Just no bloody masks.

But it’s a small reason I want to see Appleby get the club because he was someone (along with Rush and Vicars back then), that you used to see around Pride Park and walking round the megastore, ticket office etc, i think they probably have a bit more of a hands on approach to these things than what Morris had.

Absolutely. And Thornbridge beer is Derbyshire’s though the plastics in South Yorkshire believe the Peak District is theirs!

The gear they sell in the Megastore could be so much better. Get Sean Barker to design some stuff and sell it there and the whole thing could fly. Instead, as you say we get bog standard with no focus on quality. 

On 06/01/2022 at 15:13, TuffLuff said:

—————-

I went in there yesterday and they had about 30 odd in a bowl at the end of the que line barrier thing. They had loads of little ram prints on them and were a fiver each. Probably doesn't help your online question but they do have them in stock