The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I've not read the EFL statement so I can't comment on that. I think the fact they were issuing what effectively was a call to arms calling out the EFL is itself a sign of trouble in the water and realistically I don't think we can beat the EFL. Maybe I've been overly influenced by reading about the Paris Commune's last acts recently before it all went south for them as they tried to square off against the convention and giving out ever more angry statements and creating last gasp plans before it all fell apart. 

The fact they're discussing alternative forms of revenue to keep us going that haven't been finalised strikes me that this is an issue they believe is not going away soon and with no quick fix and given their previous statements I'm not confident they can locate a source of alternative funding for us. Reports of telling players they're free to leave are circulating and not being able to extend contracts is yet another problem. I don't think liquidation is inevitable but i think it's much more of a possibility than it was recently. 

The administrators are appointed by the court so yes we can and will win against the EFL. and we have three bidders and one of them is probably Ashley who you wouldn't want to mess with. .

I think the fact they are saying it will take weeks to provide the required proof is good. That means that we do not have to sell players in this window unless the admin team think its a good deal for the creditors.

40 minutes ago, SBW said:

Re: the notion of not selling players because it devalues the club for the potential buyer.

Considering League One in almost a certainty, the players whose contracts expire this summer don't really add too much value, as a good number of them will likely walk anyway over playing in League 1.

Shinnie, Byrne and Lawrence for example will have offers at this level on frees, and will get more money in doing so.  Each of those could be sold now, and even if it only brought in a modest £1-2m, that'd likely also be a monthly saving over probably over 200k.  Contracts expire July 1st.  So that's just over £1m saved, plus whatever is gained in fees.  There's very little lost value to a new owner as mentioned above, so it makes sense.

Anyone whose contract expires post 2022 is a different story, and I agree it makes much more sense to sell once out of admin.  (there's a few who wont want League One) 

Another options is loan out some, like Jozwiak, who will have loan suitors, save his wages get a modest loan fee, and if he does well, he may well boosts his value for a non-admin sale anyway? 

The query I have is around those whose contracts are up summer 2022, but there is an option to extend.  Do the EFL have any control over optional extensions?  Can they withhold them?  Because then you're looking at the likes of Buchanan? Plange? Williams? Watson? being at risk of walking in the summer for poor compensation fees. 

Problem with selling anyone is that EFL will not let us bring in replacements. So may as well keep them all. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

The administrators are appointed by the court so yes we can and will win against the EFL. and we have three bidders and one of them is probably Ashley who you wouldn't want to mess with. .

I think the fact they are saying it will take weeks to provide the required proof is good. That means that we do not have to sell players in this window unless the admin team think its a good deal for the creditors.

Again I don't know the mechanics but again a court case would realistically take time and money, do we realistically have much of either? I'm not sure on the timings but if it for instance took months to sort this out then without a large pot of money coming into the club then what exactly happens? They've suggested funding may be acquired over the coming weeks to keep us going over the next months but these are also the same administrators who have declared a bidder will be declared imminently... 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Problem with selling anyone is that EFL will not let us bring in replacements. So may as well keep them all. 

Yeah, but my notion is that taking everything into consideration, relegation is a reality.  So 'might as well keep them' isn't in the interests of the club or the creditors. 

If you have an asset that has a value now, but zero value in 5 months, and the reality is that asset cannot impact your fortunes over that 5 months... why wouldn't you maximise it's value to benefit the club?  through either paying debt, or reducing costs, meaning likely short-term loans are reduced and therefore saving more money in the long run?  

To keep an asset for the sake of it is very poor asset management.  

2 hours ago, Ramtastic ones said:

Just mailed this to talksport.

Talk sport team

What are your views on Boro and Wycombe suing Derby for loss of revenue and the efl's stance in blocking a deal until this is resolved?

What do you think to the president that Boro and Wycombe's stance sets for future seasons and if you think suing Derby is justified should Derby sue villa and QPR who breached FFP in the seasons they beat Derby in the play off final, thus levelling the playing field?

You can’t sue QPR it was over r6 years ago so out of time.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Again I don't know the mechanics but again a court case would realistically take time and money, do we realistically have much of either? I'm not sure on the timings but if it for instance took months to sort this out then without a large pot of money coming into the club then what exactly happens? They've suggested funding may be acquired over the coming weeks to keep us going over the next months but these are also the same administrators who have declared a bidder will be declared imminently... 

EFL is demanding this and demanding that. But the EFL cannot liquidate the club. It may take months to sort out the finalities but  we can obtain loan finance in the meantime and the preferred bidder could help too with a deposit. 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

EFL is demanding this and demanding that. But the EFL cannot liquidate the club. It may take months to sort out the finalities but  we can obtain loan finance in the meantime and the preferred bidder could help too with a deposit. 

No the EFL cannot liquidate the club but if the potential sale is delayed beyond the point of us being able to pay bills such as wages etc. then we can be done and dusted which is kind of my point. The administrators have not secured loan financing so again it depends upon if someone is willing to stump up yet more cash to keep us afloat whilst this is sorted out. I think this has become a bit of a race against time and if this turns into a months long process who is to say the bidders are going to stick around to save us. 

If I’m understanding the current situation:

1. We have 3 offers that have satisfied the administrators, 1 of which is seemingly the best (preferred bid). Meaning these offers cover the debts, and sale of club assets. 

2. Because of my first point, all that’s left in the process is for the EFL to sign off on the bids as meeting all necessary steps( which they seem to do from what I infer from the admins statement).

3. EFL say, we can’t sign off on those bids because we want you to settle these other claims first( which from what I’ve seen and has been suggested by the admins is outside of the EFLs remit.)

4. The admins respond by saying- hold up, you don’t have jurisdiction to NOT sign off on these bids for the club. Which is why the administrators are requesting immediate clarification on why the EFL think they can enforce such a demand. 

5. I would imagine the creditors are raising an eyebrow. If the EFL are indeed standing in the way of the creditors becoming whole with official bids, then the EFL should expect quite a bit of heat from the creditors to confirm why they won’t allow the sale to be ratified. 

Are those the basic plot points we have currently?