Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

I’m not an avid cricket follower but had one eye on this game after reading this thread. Thought Derbyshire might pinch it earlier in the day. But probably a fair result overall. 

Where did Middlesex finish last season? 

5 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

I’m not an avid cricket follower but had one eye on this game after reading this thread. Thought Derbyshire might pinch it earlier in the day. But probably a fair result overall. 

Where did Middlesex finish last season? 

The last 2 seasons have had a different format, with teams split across 3 groups, and then 3 divisions in the second phase depending on how you did in the first one....

long story short, if I remember right they finished top of the 3rd division whereas we finished 5th of 6 in that division.

Cricket never liking to be sensible, we’ve gone back to what the divisions were pre covid, disregarding the last 2 years. Meaning we’ve got Notts and Durham in the second division, who  probably have stronger teams than most of the first division ?‍♂️

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The last 2 seasons have had a different format, with teams split across 3 groups, and then 3 divisions in the second phase depending on how you did in the first one....

long story short, if I remember right they finished top of the 3rd division whereas we finished 5th of 6 in that division.

Cricket never liking to be sensible, we’ve gone back to what the divisions were pre covid, disregarding the last 2 years. Meaning we’ve got Notts and Durham in the second division, who  probably have stronger teams than most of the first division ?‍♂️

Thanks for the reminder explanation! @jimbo jones It makes the EFL sound competent. 

Should make for a good season though. 

Jimbo, how can you expect the ECB to do the right thing when they make the decision to keep picking Joe Root as the test skipper.

He couldn't inspire our cat.

Be interested to see if Critchley will lose his 'pie chucker' status now he's at a fashionable county, (the media said he was a 'pie chucker' when he got Steve Smith out during the last English Ashes tour)?

Edited by Grumpy Git

57 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Jimbo, how can you expect the ECB to do the right thing when they make the decision to keep picking Joe Root as the test skipper.

He couldn't inspire our cat.

Be interested to see if Critchley will lose his 'pie chucker' status now he's at a fashionable county, (the media said he was a 'pie chucker' when he got Steve Smith out during the last English Ashes tour)?

Century and most wickets in the match on debut for Critchley. Can’t wait for him to be playing for England and Derbyshire get absolutely no credit for bringing him through ?

14 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Century and most wickets in the match on debut for Critchley. Can’t wait for him to be playing for England and Derbyshire get absolutely no credit for bringing him through ?

All it took was 1 game for Essex and his England prospects are being talked about in an article on The Guardian website.

Alex Hughes in for Ryan Sidebottom the only change to the 13 man squad for the first home game of the season.

I would expect it's Nick Potts who comes in to the team as the genuine bowling option.

Sussex we're the only team to lose in the opening week, the only team Derbyshire beat last season, and the only team to finish below us in division 3 last season...expectatioms are high ??

I noticed Fynn Hudson-Prentice didnt play last week, after a bit of investigating, he has lower back stress fracture. So I assume won't play tomorrow.

17 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Alex Hughes in for Ryan Sidebottom the only change to the 13 man squad for the first home game of the season.

I would expect it's Nick Potts who comes in to the team as the genuine bowling option.

Sussex we're the only team to lose in the opening week, the only team Derbyshire beat last season, and the only team to finish below us in division 3 last season...expectatioms are high ??

I noticed Fynn Hudson-Prentice didnt play last week, after a bit of investigating, he has lower back stress fracture. So I assume won't play tomorrow.

My guess is just the one change, Hughes for Sidebottom...gives us a bit more depth in the batting. I was planning to go on Saturday but can't now so will watch it on-line along with the World Snooker Championship which is one of my favourite events of the year.....

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My guess is just the one change, Hughes for Sidebottom...gives us a bit more depth in the batting. I was planning to go on Saturday but can't now so will watch it on-line along with the World Snooker Championship which is one of my favourite events of the year.....

With Reece not bowling I’d prefer the genuine bowler, but they could stack the batting and show faith in Dal as the third seamer.