Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

They will have half an hours slog in the morning, ensuring we won’t have a total to chase. A good test to see if we can bat out for the draw……

Probably, I always like the aggressive approach but it's a bit early in the season for that ?

Just bat like we did first time round and we will be fine ?as long as we don't get down to Sidebottom who looked in no shape to have a bat.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Declaration is in. 356 to win, less than what we chased down at Trent Bridge a couple of years ago ?

I was spot on. They batted for around half an hour and set a target we can’t reach. Can we bat out the rest of the day ?

35 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I was spot on. They batted for around half an hour and set a target we can’t reach. Can we bat out the rest of the day ?

The target is 4 an over, very reachable on a pitch that is doing nothing and has a very short boundary on one side. We are going at 3 now being very watchful. If we bat through the overs I’d expect us to win...whether we can do that is another question ?

73-0 at lunch. Shan Masood is so good ? to quote the Aussie on commentary for Middlesex, he “is going to score so many runs for Derbyshire this season”. He has 57, Godleman doing the anchor role with just 16, but the run rate is at 3.5, with 4.2 required for the win.

set up for a good afternoon of cricket.

17 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

73-0 at lunch. Shan Masood is so good ? to quote the Aussie on commentary for Middlesex, he “is going to score so many runs for Derbyshire this season”. He has 57, Godleman doing the anchor role with just 16, but the run rate is at 3.5, with 4.2 required for the win.

set up for a good afternoon of cricket.

??

Handshakes 5 overs early as Middlesex knew they had no chance of getting the immovable super Anuj Dal out ?

what a guy though, after the 3 quick wickets, thoughts of the inevitable Derbyshire collapse started to creep in but Dal and Du Plooy dug in and looked rock solid. 

Enjoyable game of cricket that ebbed and flowed in favour of both teams at different times. The draw a fair reflection on the 4 days I reckon.

Edited by jimbo jones