Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Day 2 of the friendly against Lancashire saw our turn to bat. An all to familiar tale of woe with 7 wickets down by lunch ? No Masood or Reece in the lineup. 

Not going to read too much into a friendly in March where subs are allowed a bowl...but it would have been nice to see some shoots of positivity from our first look at Mickey’s Derbyshire. The main man Anuj Dal top scoring so far ?

C91D844D-912C-4BD5-A64A-B9636C5B708C.png

We’ve been playing Notts in another 2 day friendly, with both sides batting 50 overs each day (shortened today due to rain being around) one thing worth noting is Harry Came doing well again. Including his second knock against Lancashire his last 3 scores are 37, 24 and 31 all not out, retiring to give someone else a knock each time. All patient innings with plenty of time in the middle too.

If Came can come through as an opener with Masood, and have Godleman and Reece drop down the order. Our batting starts to look much more solid.

Last pre season game starts tomorrow, before we get the show on the road at Lords on Thursday.

Really hope Harry Came impresses again, Masood is town for his first Derbyshire outing, so including Guest the top 7 looks set if Came is in. Not sure what the order would be though.

8-11 could be anybody though. Not sure when Lakmal gets here. You'd expect Conners to play, I think Thomson gets the nod as spinner, then it's 2 from Aitchison, Melton, Scrimshaw, Dal, Hughes, Potts. The good thing is, there's some very different options for different conditions.

963CDE93-4100-4B2D-A1E6-22C400CB1F03.jpeg

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Last pre season game starts tomorrow, before we get the show on the road at Lords on Thursday.

Really hope Harry Came impresses again, Masood is town for his first Derbyshire outing, so including Guest the top 7 looks set if Came is in. Not sure what the order would be though.

8-11 could be anybody though. Not sure when Lakmal gets here. You'd expect Conners to play, I think Thomson gets the nod as spinner, then it's 2 from Aitchison, Melton, Scrimshaw, Dal, Hughes, Potts. The good thing is, there's some very different options for different conditions.

963CDE93-4100-4B2D-A1E6-22C400CB1F03.jpeg

Aitcheson was having a MRI scan last I heard.

Masood not messing about, 40 off 29 balls with 7 fours before getting out.

Guest in at 3, which slightly surprises me. It it sticks to the scoreboard order its Came at 6 then Dal, Thomson, and Reece at 9.

I know Reece is coming back from shoulder surgery, so I’m guessing the lack of overs in the friendly games and batting so low means he’s not fully ready yet.

Godleman and Reece (batting at 6) both hitting centuries, and A fifty for Guest batting at 3.

Looking ahead to Thursday, I think this will be the team, assuming everyone's available...

Godleman

Masood

Du Plooy

Madsen

Reece

Dal

Thomson

Conners

Lakmal

Melton 

Maybe Potts instead of Melton...

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Godleman and Reece (batting at 6) both hitting centuries, and A fifty for Guest batting at 3.

Looking ahead to Thursday, I think this will be the team, assuming everyone's available...

Godleman

Masood

Du Plooy

Madsen

Reece

Dal

Thomson

Conners

Lakmal

Melton 

Maybe Potts instead of Melton...

Isn't Melton still classed as an overseas player? So you can't include Lakmal & Melton in the same bowling attack unless Masood wasn't playing?