Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Might be a first, I got the team right ?

We won the toss and elected to bowl.

665222B2-741A-4A51-839F-962795E5E5F2.jpeg

Sisebottom coming in suggests to me that Aithison is out for a whole and he doesn't fancy Cohen. 

BBC Radio London has the commentary online by the way for anyone who wants to listen, and all county championship games are on BBC regional stations again this year.

Sounds like an Arctic gale is blowing through Lord's at the minute.

Good start for Lakmal.

96-1 at lunch

Sidebottom’s injury has made things much more difficult. Dal and Thomson had to come on to bowl much earlier than you'd have wanted.

Looks a good batting track and there's not been much movement in the air. Godleman missed the stumps on a reasonably easy run out chance and Dal dropped a sharp catch. Going to be hard work for the bowlers this I reckon.

Edited by jimbo jones

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

96-1 at lunch

Sidebottom’s injury has made things much more difficult. Dal and Thomson had to come on to bowl much earlier than you'd have wanted.

Looks a good batting track and there's not been much movement in the air. Godleman missed the stumps on a reasonably easy run out chance and Dal dropped a sharp catch. Going to be hard work for the bowlers this I reckon.

Amazing how quickly the enthusiasm falls flat. The commentators were saying only once last season did a team score over 300 at Lords in a CC game, not quite so sure how good the track is.....

58 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Amazing how quickly the enthusiasm falls flat. The commentators were saying only once last season did a team score over 300 at Lords in a CC game, not quite so sure how good the track is.....

It's not doing much for the bowlers to my eyes, and the depleted attack doesn't help. I missed most of the second session, but in the morning I didn't think the bowlers did much wrong. Lakmal has bowled nicely since tea taking the wicket of Eskinazi. If we can nip out 2 or 3 more before the end of play we would still be in the game.

Not sure what made them decide to bowl first.

Edited by jimbo jones

Middlesex 401 all out as lunch is taken. Would have snapped your hand off for that this morning!

4 wickets for Thomson who is the major bright point so far. Taking on a big role due to Sidebottoms injury, 33 overs in the first innings of the match, unsurprisingly no spin in the pitch and he picks up 4 wickets going at just over 3 an over. Fantastic effort.

3 wickets for Conners, 2 for Lakmal and one for Dal.

More there for the bowlers today, but by no means one of those early April games that are a nightmare for batsmen. Time to see if our batters are going to be more up for the task this year.