Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

26 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Only seen bits of it today, but dropping Haines was huge. Still loads of time left, we might get chance to have a slog for victory tomorrow.

Lakmal looking like he needs a bit of time to get acclimatised.

Can’t see anything other than a draw. Disappointing but the pitch looks a cracking batting track….

56 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Is it me or regardless of batting track, 2 wickets in 900 balls is pretty poor?

Will bowling be this years nemesis? 20 wickets a game could be tricky.

Aitchison being injured isn't helping and Reece can't bowl for a few weeks yet if at all. So, yeah, 20 wickets will be tough

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

It’s definitely the weaker area, especially with Aitchison and Scrimshaw injured, plus Reece unable to bowl.

hopefully Lakmal gets better once he’s more settled in, he’s been very economical but not threatening enough from what I’ve seen.

It has also been 2 quality batsmen at the crease for Sussex. If we could have got one, more would have followed. After all, we skittled them out in the first innings.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I’ve only been watching sporadically over the weekend, they just said on the commentary Haines was dropped 3 times and Pujara once...that doesn’t help.  You can’t have that many dropped catches.

Squad for Leicestershire game tomorrow. Mattie McKiernan a new name in the squad for this season. Noticed he's been doing well for the seconds and he's someone I do like as a leg spin all rounder.

Whether it's going to be a 2 spinner pitch I don't know. It's easier to fit him in if Reece is bowling....

F714AAED-AC2C-4CFE-B10C-49E59F824625.jpeg

Edited by jimbo jones

50-3 ?

Excellent start by the Derbyshire bowlers. bowled tight, beaten the edge numerous times and got 3 wickets including the big ones of Azad and Ackerman.

Couldn't have gone much better after Leicestershire won the toss and chose to bat.

Edited by jimbo jones

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Only disappointment really so far this season has been the slip catching. Two more drops today, one from Madsen, who dropped 3 last week, which is unlike him, and one from Thomson.

Let's hope we can get 350+ first innings.