Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

3 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Our 'attack' is tragic. Connors and Kerr are club bowlers at best, the spinners are just exposed, Arthur is laughing all the way to the bank.

So we are now throwing Mickey Arthur under the bus because we’ve lost a couple of games? Christ ?‍♂️

The only issue I really have with our attack is it massively lacks experience and it shows when it gets put under pressure. Kerr’s record speaks for itself.

14 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

So we are now throwing Mickey Arthur under the bus because we’ve lost a couple of games? Christ ?‍♂️

The only issue I really have with our attack is it massively lacks experience and it shows when it gets put under pressure. Kerr’s record speaks for itself.

Fair, I'm throwing my toys when we're crap. But we are so crap is annoying and I'm not sure the money spent on Arthur is better than spending it on players.

Why is it that you can always guarantee Derbyshire don't turn up against Notts?

I agree we were twenty runs short, and that Hales was the difference. 

We have lovely stroke players but no-one with that power play suited to the twenty over game. Think we'll be more suited to the 50 over format.

Great to see a big crowd tonight and hopefully put some dosh in the coffers. But why are all Notts/Forest fans such p*****? There was a gobby cow behind me tonight that I could cheerfully have smacked in the gob! There's a way to win gracefully but she wasn't it! 

12 hours ago, Mihangel said:

Fair, I'm throwing my toys when we're crap. But we are so crap is annoying and I'm not sure the money spent on Arthur is better than spending it on players.

Arthur has already made a difference in the 4 day game, not least by being able to attract Masood and Lakmal. The latter's injury is a real blow and Derbyshire simply don't have the financial resources to have a second string of players to make us competitive in all forms of cricket, particularly against counties with the benefit of Test venues. 

I never watch the T20s (or The Hundred) because they just don't appeal to me, so I'm never going to judge the coach or the team on how we perform in this format. I'd like us to win, of course, but it doesn't really interest me. 

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Why is it that you can always guarantee Derbyshire don't turn up against Notts?

I agree we were twenty runs short, and that Hales was the difference. 

We have lovely stroke players but no-one with that power play suited to the twenty over game. Think we'll be more suited to the 50 over format.

Great to see a big crowd tonight and hopefully put some dosh in the coffers. But why are all Notts/Forest fans such p*****? There was a gobby cow behind me tonight that I could cheerfully have smacked in the gob! There's a way to win gracefully but she wasn't it! 

The major downside (for me) to the T20 game is it tends to attract people who think they are at a football game. I’m all for enjoying yourself but keep it respectful, that’s what crickets all about.

30 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It might have been a close game if Hales had been out first ball. He was the difference. We are a little short in the bowling department but ridiculous to start being critical of the Manager and team. First game really where we have been outplayed and Hales can destroy any attack when he is in that mood…

One thing I would like them to stop doing, is giving Scrimshaw an over in the power play. He’s superb in those middle overs, just have him bowl there. With the field up the batsmen have license just to swing at him and take advantage of the extra pace and bounce he has. They just have to get an edge and it flies to the boundary.

On paper, and from what I’ve seen Notts and Lancs are by far the best 2 teams in the North group. We need to compete with the rest for those other 2 QF places. We will be in the mix.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, poor power play seemed to create a bit of panic and we never really recovered.

Masood seems to be trying too hard to smash boundaries. He needs to settle down and just play his game. 

We need to put a decent score on the board as our bowling is generally the weak link, not today though…