Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

OK, it was a stroll in the park. Sky robbed us of some key players for the 16.4 over shitefest, but it looks as though Lancashire lost most of their first team.

Freddie's lad received a fearful blow - I said to the Memsahib that he looks like a compulsive hooker - something you can get away with at school (young Flintoff is only just turned 16) because nobody's got searing pace at that age, but your weaknesses get exposed very quickly in grownup cricket - and Pat Brown gave him quite a working over. It was no surprise when he fell, hooking. He took no further part in the match, which is a real pity. I would have liked to have seen him bowl. It really was a heck of a bang, and it took the medics and support staff fully 10 minutes to get him - and his helmet - fixed again. He then had some tablets sent out, but he was out next ball.

Worcestershire will be a far greater test. Win that, and we'll have one foot in the quarters.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The half glass empty in me suggests there is still plenty of time for us to mess it up 🫣

Worcesterahire is a big game with away games at Somerset and Hampshire to follow.

Well I thought it was a terrible performance I decided to walk down with a cool bag full of beer the game was over that quick I only managed to drink half of it and had to carry it back.

I'd told the wife I’d be home at around 7 I got back home at 3 to be met with your back early you can cut the hedges and mow the lawn before the bin men come tomorrow. You can never rely on Derbyshire I’ll be back down Friday at least I’ve still got plenty of beer left 😁

1 hour ago, Henrycav81 said:

Well I thought it was a terrible performance I decided to walk down with a cool bag full of beer the game was over that quick I only managed to drink half of it and had to carry it back.

I'd told the wife I’d be home at around 7 I got back home at 3 to be met with your back early you can cut the hedges and mow the lawn before the bin men come tomorrow. You can never rely on Derbyshire I’ll be back down Friday at least I’ve still got plenty of beer left 😁

Dreadful, wasn't it?

One bottle of St Bernardus Abt 12, a pot of home-made guacamole dip (made with Birds Eye chili. not Jalapeno) and a dozen tortilla chips was all I had time to shove down my throat. The tandoori chicken sandwiches ended up as dinner tonight.