Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

200-0. Am I dreaming.? Extras -31 helps.

A lot of those extras came early as well, which helped us get off to a flyer without having to actually do much. Came and Reece have just cruised this without ever giving a chance that I can remember….and Reece is out for 88.

Came still at the crease on 97🤞

Just been on a 6 hour walk around the Fife Coastal Path checking on this as I did so, arriving in Elie to a full game of beach cricket with all players in whites, umpires and boundary rope to boot. Cricket is alive and well in Scotland and a great performance by Derbyshire by the sounds of it. Credit where it’s due 👏. Happy days! 

A shame about Luis Reece getting out. The ball before, they ran a single and Middlesex needlessly threw down the stumps and they took a second, putting Reece back on strike. That and the rain starting at that precise time had me thinking that the fates conspired against him a little.

That apart, it was a splendid all-round performance with just about everyone contributing to key moments.

Harry Moore, 17 years and 92 days. He looks a real prospect, and when he fills out a bit, will be witheringly quick. The most exciting young fast bowler I've seen for a long time.

53 minutes ago, Eddie said:

A shame about Luis Reece getting out. The ball before, they ran a single and Middlesex needlessly threw down the stumps and they took a second, putting Reece back on strike. That and the rain starting at that precise time had me thinking that the fates conspired against him a little.

That apart, it was a splendid all-round performance with just about everyone contributing to key moments.

Harry Moore, 17 years and 92 days. He looks a real prospect, and when he fills out a bit, will be witheringly quick. The most exciting young fast bowler I've seen for a long time.

By the time he is 18 Notts or Yorkies will have snapped him up 😉 Agree, he looks a great prospect. Perhaps the Came/Reece opening pairing is BACK!!!

3 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Just been on a 6 hour walk around the Fife Coastal Path checking on this as I did so, arriving in Elie to a full game of beach cricket with all players in whites, umpires and boundary rope to boot. Cricket is alive and well in Scotland and a great performance by Derbyshire by the sounds of it. Credit where it’s due 👏. Happy days! 

Great pub the Ship.  Did you nip in?

No longer top now everyones played 2 games 😕

Top 3 qualify for the “quarter finals” and its no great surprise that Worcestershire, who've only lost 1 player to the hundred are looking strong.

14 teams  today and only 6 managed to put 200 runs on the board. A sign of some very inexperienced batting lineups perhaps? I might be getting giddy after 2 wins, but if our top order can find some form we have a real chance of going deep in the competition.

IMG_6560.png

On 28/07/2024 at 18:28, jimbo jones said:

No longer top now everyones played 2 games 😕

Top 3 qualify for the “quarter finals” and its no great surprise that Worcestershire, who've only lost 1 player to the hundred are looking strong.

14 teams  today and only 6 managed to put 200 runs on the board. A sign of some very inexperienced batting lineups perhaps? I might be getting giddy after 2 wins, but if our top order can find some form we have a real chance of going deep in the competition.

IMG_6560.png

Whats the format Jimbo then if top three make quarters?

Edited by rammieib

Hearing they will be a new signing announced tomorrow. 

Not sure if it will be for this season or next, as we are getting to that time where moves for next season start to be announced. A couple of names I've heard mentioned in that regard are Martin Andersson and Luke Procter.

12 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Hearing they will be a new signing announced tomorrow. 

Not sure if it will be for this season or next, as we are getting to that time where moves for next season start to be announced. A couple of names I've heard mentioned in that regard are Martin Andersson and Luke Procter.

Good call - I don't know much about Andersson - good player?

16 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Good call - I don't know much about Andersson - good player?

Played 1 game on loan for us back in 2018 as a young lad.

I've always liked him, good solid all-round, all format county player and at a good age (28 in September). Though it doesn't look like he's played much championship cricket recently by the looks of it, which is probably why he's decided to leave.

Probably not kicked on as a batter as he would have hoped, his championship batting average of 21 is a lot lower than I would have expected, his bowling average of 30 is right where you want it.

He’d be competition for Dal, who apparently is back in training and available to play again which is good news.