Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

9 minutes ago, sage said:

This can't go on for another year. A tail end bowler would score as many

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed they've not given Came the chance to open in these last 3 games to see if he can be the guy. If not then another overseas opener next year, unless there’s one that's available on the county circuit somewhere.

135-5 at the close of play.

Excellent rearguard action from Came and Dal. 

For what it's worth, if we can save this game and beat Leicestershire in the final game I will view this as a good season. It can't be forgotten how bad we were last year, it's been a big step forward. Big if, but if Lakmal didn't get injured and Masood didnt disappear for the second half of the season we might have been able to push Middlesex close.

The biggest issue for me is we’ve generally been too reliant on Conners to take wickets. When he hasn't it's been a real struggle to get 10. Aitchison was just starting to look good after missing so much cricket, and that goes and happens yesterday ?‍♂️ obviously Chappell is coming in and hopefully Lakmal will be back and ready to go and fingers crossed Aitchison can stay injury free next season.

14 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

135-5 at the close of play.

Excellent rearguard action from Came and Dal. 

For what it's worth, if we can save this game and beat Leicestershire in the final game I will view this as a good season. It can't be forgotten how bad we were last year, it's been a big step forward. Big if, but if Lakmal didn't get injured and Masood didnt disappear for the second half of the season we might have been able to push Middlesex close.

The biggest issue for me is we’ve generally been too reliant on Conners to take wickets. When he hasn't it's been a real struggle to get 10. Aitchison was just starting to look good after missing so much cricket, and that goes and happens yesterday ?‍♂️ obviously Chappell is coming in and hopefully Lakmal will be back and ready to go and fingers crossed Aitchison can stay injury free next season.

Guest has had a good season too, when I think most wondered if he could bat so high up the order. 

It's a pity that the season petered out for us - and the ludicrous schedule didn't help with consistency - but it's still been a big improvement. 

The reliable Mahmood been a massive loss. Also thought it was going to be inevitable we would score a lot less in cool September conditions compared to the flat pitches we had in may/June. Overseas opener and pace bowler are a must next season, dal been a revelation with his numbers but be interesting how he performs next season