Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

18 year old Rehan Ahmed has taken us apart today on his way to a maiden century.

Looks like 7 draws from 7 games at Derby this season. Consideration for more result friendly pitches might want to be on the agenda. With the exception of the Glamorgan game which had an exciting final day. The other games seemed to have petered out to obvious draws long before the end came.

10 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Really poor stuff today from the captain and the bowlers. Zero patience shown meaning it looks like we've blown a great chance.

Seems like they are only allowed to bowl spinners, the way they’ve gone round the park I don’t see any sense in staying out there. All it’s done is let them knock off the deficit. Would have been better to sit in the Pavillion and wait until you can bring the quicks back on.

As I say this, Ahmed slaps one straight up in the air and gets out ?

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Seems like they are only allowed to bowl spinners, the way they’ve gone round the park I don’t see any sense in staying out there. All it’s done is let them knock off the deficit. Would have been better to sit in the Pavillion and wait until you can bring the quicks back on.

As I say this, Ahmed slaps one straight up in the air and gets out ?

Agreed. Can be the only reason to be bowling that pair!

I don't want to pick on people but Godleman should have been telling his bowlers just to bowl line and length this morning, it was all bouncers and attempted yorkers, frustrating. Ahmed can't play with a straight bat, we would have got him out just being patient.

11 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Agreed. Can be the only reason to be bowling that pair!

I don't want to pick on people but Godleman should have been telling his bowlers just to bowl line and length this morning, it was all bouncers and attempted yorkers, frustrating. Ahmed can't play with a straight bat, we would have got him out just being patient.

The medium pace bouncer plan was an odd one. Conner's coming on with the new ball, which suggests.we just gave up with the old ball ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

18 year old Rehan Ahmed has taken us apart today on his way to a maiden century.

Looks like 7 draws from 7 games at Derby this season. Consideration for more result friendly pitches might want to be on the agenda. With the exception of the Glamorgan game which had an exciting final day. The other games seemed to have petered out to obvious draws long before the end came.

He looks to be a wonderful prospect. Not many leggies can bowl a googly this early in their career.

We stayed at home today and watched on YouTube - until lunch.

Then, this afternoon, we watched a quite wonderful couple of sessions of the game between Warwickshire and Hampshire, with Norwell producing career-best figures of 9/62 to secure a place in the top division next season for Warwickshire, who won by 5 runs, and in the process relegated Yorkshire.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He looks to be a wonderful prospect. Not many leggies can bowl a googly this early in their career.

Then, this afternoon, we watched a quite wonderful couple of sessions of the game between Warwickshire and Hampshire, with Norwell producing career-best figures of 9/62 to secure a place in the top division next season for Warwickshire, who won by 5 runs, and in the process relegated Yorkshire.

Be good to see Joe Root at the County Ground next season ?

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I wonder if he fancies a move up the M1 ??

I'm sure the vultures will be circling. I put the Warwickshire game on, but ended up missing the finale.