Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

12 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

3-3 to 15-5, “fans” on twitter and Facebook in turmoil and we end up winning comfortably ?

How anyone can think this isn’t the best form of the game, and it needs a reduction in teams/games is beyond me.

Never in doubt.......Dal should have played in the 20/20.....

Up to third for now, Middlesex will go back ahead when their game with Durham ends in a draw.

Everyone down to Durham will still fancy their chances of top 2 I think. We come back in September to finish off with games against Durham (home), Glamorgan (away), and finally Leicestershire (home).

91134012-BE8D-4073-A5D1-5C378745A6EC.png

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Up to third for now, Middlesex will go back ahead when their game with Durham ends in a draw.

Everyone down to Durham will still fancy their chances of top 2 I think. We come back in September to finish off with games against Durham (home), Glamorgan (away), and finally Leicestershire (home).

91134012-BE8D-4073-A5D1-5C378745A6EC.png

Not the worst run in , will Shan and Lakmal be back then ?

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Top two or top three go up?

Two.

but...

that’s if the structure stays the same for next season, which hasn’t been confirmed yet. There is talk of 3 divisions as a way to reduce the games, which is what some want. I don’t particularly like it, but it’s better than kicking us smaller counties out completely.

17 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Always enjoy a David Griffin stat, but this is a particularly good one, and show just how impressive Dal was, especially in a relatively low scoring game.

Great win and great performance from Dal. Certainly having a great season. Gone from not batting and bowling and being in the team for no apparent reason to a quality all-rounder. 

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

3-3 to 15-5, “fans” on twitter and Facebook in turmoil and we end up winning comfortably ?

How anyone can think this isn’t the best form of the game, and it needs a reduction in teams/games is beyond me.

As far as I'm concerned, 4 and 5 day cricket is always going to be the game for serious cricket fans, whereas 'electric rounders' is for those with the attention span of a goldfish.

Strange that I now fit neatly into both categori...

Look over there - a butterfly.

37 minutes ago, Eddie said:

As far as I'm concerned, 4 and 5 day cricket is always going to be the game for serious cricket fans, whereas 'electric rounders' is for those with the attention span of a goldfish.

Strange that I now fit neatly into both categori...

Look over there - a butterfly.

I think there is room for Tests, 4 day county cricket, the 50 over competition and 20/20...the 100 is pointless and devalues the 50 over competition and just takes time out of the schedule.....

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think there is room for Tests, 4 day county cricket, the 50 over competition and 20/20...the 100 is pointless and devalues the 50 over competition and just takes time out of the schedule.....

What gets me, they bang on about everything being about producing for the England team. Then put all their efforts into a form of the game no sod else plays, and doesn’t have an international version. 

I understand the bringing in new fans element, it has worked for my sister in law, who went to a hundred game last year, and is now cricket mad. I just don’t see why that couldn’t have been achieved by putting all that effort into the T20 competition. Chuck the money at that. Allow 4 overseas, play it in august and have the England players available, change the format if you need to and get games on the BBC, tell the clubs to have flashy rebrands if that’s what you want.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

What gets me, they bang on about everything being about producing for the England team. Then put all their efforts into a form of the game no sod else plays, and doesn’t have an international version. 

I understand the bringing in new fans element, it has worked for my sister in law, who went to a hundred game last year, and is now cricket mad. I just don’t see why that couldn’t have been achieved by putting all that effort into the T20 competition. Chuck the money at that. Allow 4 overseas, play it in august and have the England players available, change the format if you need to and get games on the BBC, tell the clubs to have flashy rebrands if that’s what you want.

Sorry, no. Far too sensible.